waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I'm currently on the .86 update & would like to downgrade.
Main reason to downgrade is to get rid of the media storage battery drain & to have the old speaker quality back.
Unfortunately, I can't downgrade using the ROM from Asus as it says "update failed".
How do I downgrade using a PC? Will I lose my Data?
I'm fully aware I'll Lose Volte & other features & I also know that I'll be on a older security patch... But what's the alternative? It's been almost 1 month & Asus haven't released a fix for the aforementioned bugs.
Infact, it's that time of year again, they're releasing a new phone, in this case the Rog Phone 5s so all their time & attention is there rather than on the Rog 5 issues. Any help would be great.
17 REPLIES 17

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
They won't care about fixing bugs because they busy creating another bug with the name of rog phone 5s
To downgrade your phone you can try download previous firmware version and change it name to newer firmware version than you have
I do it too because I can't turn on my rgb when I open camera at latest firmware

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Lord_Messi

They won't care about fixing bugs because they busy creating another bug with the name of rog phone 5s

To downgrade your phone you can try download previous firmware version and change it name to newer firmware version than you have

I do it too because I can't turn on my rgb when I open camera at latest firmware

View post
For the rgb issue in camera , its intended to remove rgb reflection or interference in photos or video's , even we rog 3 users what that in update that rgb automatically turn off when camera or any app access camera

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181266#Comment_181266

For the rgb issue in camera , its intended to remove rgb reflection or interference in photos or video's , even we rog 3 users what that in update that rgb automatically turn off when camera or any app access camera

View post
They should add option like before to allow us to turn it on or off when we use camera
Not everyone want their rgb to turn off when they use camera
One of the proud to use rog phone is when you do mirror selfie with your rgb logo on

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Lord_Messi

View post
Did you manage to downgrade the .86 software?

FunBike31
Community Legend I

waxy78611

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I'm currently on the .86 update & would like to downgrade.

Main reason to downgrade is to get rid of the media storage battery drain & to have the old speaker quality back.

Unfortunately, I can't downgrade using the ROM from Asus as it says "update failed".

How do I downgrade using a PC? Will I lose my Data?

I'm fully aware I'll Lose Volte & other features & I also know that I'll be on a older security patch... But what's the alternative? It's been almost 1 month & Asus haven't released a fix for the aforementioned bugs.

Infact, it's that time of year again, they're releasing a new phone, in this case the Rog Phone 5s so all their time & attention is there rather than on the Rog 5 issues. Any help would be great.

Downgrade Software
you have been looking at XDA, even the impossible is possible at XDA
rechercher asus-rog-phone-5-raw-firmware-flash-file-fastboot-ww-rom.4268331/
aussi rechercher ce sujet how-to-downgrade-rog-5.4301797