This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakers' volume fluctuates

Kleshar
Star III
I have purchased a Zenfone 8, 256/16 model version. 
When hearing music at high volume with the Internal stereo speakers on every kind of app (YouTube, Internal music player, VLC, etc.) the music/sound starts going up and down with no reason at random intervals: it literally fluctuates. Trying to enjoy some music is impossible. I've tried to contact support but they just asked me regular stuff. Their conclusion? " Here's your RMA module, we need to repair your smartphone " 
I find it really odd, i am pretty sure this is not a hardware-related problem. Why? Because I've switched smartphone and the previous one has the same audio-related problem. I'm coming from a 3 months old Google Pixel 5 running on android 11.
All the people i know are noticing my issue. I have also other android devices equipped with stereo speakers: these devices are on previous android versions and they all sound perfect when listening to music. 
Note: I've tried everything with zero success. Notifications' sound and bluetooth are always turned off. It's not an app-related problem : I've tried to play music from a clean factory-reset device with no google account connected and zero apps. Result? No success.
Another note: i have not tried playing music on an external bluetooth stereo speaker. I don't have that kind of item and i have no intention to purchase it at the moment.
I just want to know if you have my same problem or if you have any kind of suggestion.
I think this is just a heavy bug related to android 11 or... well, I could just be the unluckiest smartphone user in the world, buying two new smartphones with the same identical problem: it's almost like winning the lottery. 😂
Thank you.  
27 REPLIES 27

vavriska
Star III
It is also noticable when listening to Spotify via android auto.
It's working just fine on my LG G7. I'm very disappointed.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi guys,
Just wanted to pop in and ask you if you're still running into these issues on the latest .103 firmware version.
@Kleshar @pipsss81

jrzenfone8
Star III
Hi, I'm having a similar problem with call audio, while using headphones and outdoor mode off. Sound will suddenly become very loud (to the point of removing my headphones till I could lower the volume).

Kleshar
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

Hi guys,

Just wanted to pop in and ask you if you're still running into these issues on the latest .103 firmware version.

@Kleshar @pipsss81

View post
Yep, still having the same issue after i have tried with multiple songs 😔
I have tried to listen to the same songs on an iPhone 12: fluctuation does not exist.
I have tried the same songs on other android devices with Android 6,7,9 and 10: fluctuation does not exist.

Kleshar
Star III
Yes, I am still having the same problem on every song 😔.
I have tried to play the same song on IPhone 12: Fluctuation does not exist.
I have tried to play the same songs on other android devices equipped with previous Android's versions (7,8,9,10): Fluctuation does not exist.
I have tried to play the same songs on a Pixel 5 with Android 11 updated to the latest patch: fluctuation is there like on Zenfone 8😅