Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

krnapj
Rising Star I
There is not going to be any resolution guys.if factory reset isnt solving the issue , it needs a hardware repair.better not to waste time anymore and get it repaired.lets also pledge to never buy n let anyone else buy asus.

krnapj
Rising Star I
Fellow rog sufferers , donot waste your time.i went to the service center today and they had 5 other rog 5’s with the same problem.only a few of us waste our time n energy on these forums,where they dont give a sh*t about us.rest of the people in a traditional way gp to the service centers.with one look they told me its gonna need a motherboard replacement.i asked for a guarantee that the problem wont reoccur,theres no guarantee but they are putting in a updated version of the motherboard.i m gonna b selling this piece of sh*t.

krnapj
Rising Star I
Samsung n apple have a huge price ,profit margin but they give you awesome build quality, n great quality of service with timely updates n zero to none bugs.these forum guys donot know sh*t and they are wasting our time collecting logs n what not ,not telling us anything, when the correct piece of advice would hv been to get it repaired n we r sorry for inconvenience.

ravibojedla
Star II
Wifi and hotspot not working after the latest update, how can we continue to use the phone without wifi and how long we can keep the data on as it heats the mobile, please resolve it immediately.

ravibojedla
Star II
All the rog phone 5 users please post the problems in all the social media as many times as possible, this is the only way to get work done by asus, as too many issues on products will degrade company's reputation