Did you mean: 

Green Screen Tint Issue

Van_Franzen
Star III
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: ww_30.41.69.89
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Every app (system included).
Hello dear Asus friend users
My brand new Asus Zenfone 7 pro has Green tint on Screen both 60 and 90 hz, even in 50% of brightness on Gray scale colors.
Iv'e contacted Asus for assistance cause my device has less than a month of life.
I sent It in the rapir Asus Lab in my country... Well they said that the Screen Is perfect and it's a basic "feature" of OLED Screen... Well joking apart... I'm a graphic designer that works with screens for about 8/10 hrs per day , i know that It isn't normal and i know how different tecnologies of screen's panels works.
(Iv'e tried all the solutions provided by Asus and also tried myself to fix it as i'm a geek)
Since i cannot use Asus warranty benefits for this problem as i understood fromtheir words...and i don't want to have a device that is sold for that features and i'm forced to use it as a defective product...
Since Asus didn't want to repair my screen (i also provided photos in my e-mail that i sent to them), I don't care about 90hz at all but 60hz... You know the minimum standard. There is some way or software fix to solve this issue/problem ?
img20210723172159.jpg
img20210723172221.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Van_Franzen
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/179974#Comment_179974

As mentioned, its only neccesary to hire a modder for this type of work if the panel does bother you to the point where you cannot live with it.

Well calibrating an LCD panel with a spyder is nothing compared to calibrating OLED screens as you now know. Now that you know that it's rather common on OLED phones I think your mind is now at ease.

Here are some Samsung phones with the same issue:

Iphone 12:

apple-to-fix-iphone-12-green-tint-problem-with-ios-update-531573-2.jpg

Oneplus 8:

1342353-79f9acafc5594049148aa758b1cb30d4.jpg

Samsung:

20200823-002758.jpg

I think you can now understand that it is indeed related to OLED and that nothing is wrong with your panel, it's just the typical calibration problems with OLED screens. Some have slightly less, others have slightly more tint, it will depend on panel lottery but in the end, all will have tint.

View post
Yes yes i know that It will require a modder for kernel stuff as someone did with Pixel 4 devices. Some smartphone producers had and still have a this issues , as you said some have more and some have less, i already knew this kind of stuff about others, but unluckily not for Asus. To be honest it's not so bad my "Issue" so ill'try to live with It as i said before.
Thank you for spending time with my bothering thread and again thank you for this answer.

teegee
Star III
Wow, I've gotta say I'm with you on this one. I understand it's an OLED thing, but have much much less green tint than you (only a few faint stripes), and I still don't like it. If I had it this bad, I'd found it unacceptable as well. Sucks that there's no threshold where Asus would acknowledge the issue and replace it.

CVonC
Rising Star II
I've never experienced (or noticed) this green tint thing on my ZenFone 7 Pro. Is there a sure fire way of testing to see if it happens?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
CVonC

I've never experienced (or noticed) this green tint thing on my ZenFone 7 Pro. Is there a sure fire way of testing to see if it happens?

View post
Best way is to make sure its in a dark enviroment, such as nighttime. Then play something at roughlu 0 - 20% brightness that has lots of grey in it, maybe something like batman trailer 2021 on youtube or just a grey background image.

CVonC
Rising Star II
I tried the below solid grey wallpaper. 0% brightness, adaptive display off, auto refresh rate in a completely dark room. Opened it in Gallery, rotated landscape and full screened it. I couldn't see any green areas like those in pictures already posted.
I did try 60Hz + low brightness DC dimming and all it did was make the image look like it had more noise (if you set brightness to 100% and zoom in it's actually a textured pattern).
670457.jpg