This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloads not working anymore (insufficient memory card space)

Sincerity
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: Android 11
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since the update to Android 11 I can't download any videos to my phone anymore.
I get the error “current memory card space is insufficient, download paused. Try clearing space“ even though I have over 60 GB free.
Also I cant hide the navigation bar at the bottom anymore with apps like Fluid Navigation Gestures.
It used to work perfectly and I absolutely hate having that bar be there at all times.
Anyone else having the same issues since the update to Android 11?
Cheers,
6 REPLIES 6

BPM
Rising Star II
1) What app are you trying to download videos from? Can't try to duplicate it if I don't know what you're doing...
2) I have noticed some differences with how some apps handle the notification bar and navigation bar. I don't know if this is an ASUS-specific change or general Android 11 behavior. For example, Mario Kart Tour used to overlay the notification bar icons on top of the game (with no black bar under them), but now it hides it completely.

Sincerity
Star III
BPM

1) What app are you trying to download videos from? Can't try to duplicate it if I don't know what you're doing...

2) I have noticed some differences with how some apps handle the notification bar and navigation bar. I don't know if this is an ASUS-specific change or general Android 11 behavior. For example, Mario Kart Tour used to overlay the notification bar icons on top of the game (with no black bar under them), but now it hides it completely.

View post
1. I'm trying to download videos from a browser called Brave. Before the update it always used to work perfectly, but now I simply get that error message saying I don't have enough memory card space.
I have 72 GB right now, so it makes 0 sense. On another browser the download in the notification bar doesn't even appear anymore.
2. Before android 11 I used to be able to hide the navigation bar using third party apps, now that doesn't work anymore. Could it have to do with Google preventing to hide it?

himverma2012
Rising Star II
s.tchouaffe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180819#Comment_180819

1. I'm trying to download videos from a browser called Brave. Before the update it always used to work perfectly, but now I simply get that error message saying I don't have enough memory card space.

I have 72 GB right now, so it makes 0 sense. On another browser the download in the notification bar doesn't even appear anymore.

2. Before android 11 I used to be able to hide the navigation bar using third party apps, now that doesn't work anymore. Could it have to do with Google preventing to hide it?

View post
Check the permissions for the app. It should have access to the storage and have permission to make changes to the storage

BPM
Rising Star II
I just attempted to download a video via Brave and didn't run into any issues. It's likely what @himverma2012 suggested. Android 11 introduced an option where it'll automatically revoke permissions from apps if they aren't used (and even seems like some permissions could have been reset during the upgrade from 10 to 11).
screenshot-20210813-051022214.png
It's a security thing, and I can understand why it was added, but it can also be a bit of an annoyance sometimes... Thankfully, it can be disabled.
As for your second issue... No idea there. I've never tried to hide the navigation bar.