Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery&AC
Model: G713QM
Frequency of occurrence: FREQUENT
Reset OS: No, fresh install
Screenshot or video: Can't assign there
========================
Detailed description:mtkwl6ex.sys 3.0.1.1050 causes constant BSODs (SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION) on Windows 10. Tried to reinstall this driver - didn't help. Please release a more reliable driver, the current version is broken.
43 REPLIES 43

Tiến_Đức
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Dear all,

I have send you PM to ask for your serial number, please kindly help to reply.

Also, I would like to know how many different channel have you tried to update the driver?

Windows update, MyASUS, ASUS support website, supplier's website...anything else?

Thank you.

View post
Hi Blake,
For me i have tried Windows update/ Rog.Asus.com/Zentalk Vn/Asus Customer service (email). And none of them work.
image.png
image.png
Thank you

vladtirila
Star II
Hi Blake,
In my case windows did not find a driver in the first instance. Neither did My Asus. I had to download the version available on the ASUS support website via a ethernet connection.

andrewlflynn
Star I
Hi, please add me to the list of people with failing new laptops.
I am experiencing the exact same issue. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION mtkwl6ex.sys 3.0.1.1050
Asus ROG STRIX G733QS.320.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Thank you all so much for the information.
I have reported accordingly.

Dear Andrew,
I have sent you PM for the SN as well.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
The new driver V3.00.01.1100 has been released on the support website
ROG Strix G17 G713 | 2021 ROG Strix G17 | Gaming Laptops|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Globalplease download the new version
go to device manager>find "MediaTek MT7921">right click and chose "properties">chose "uninstall device(U)">make sure you check on the "delete driver of this device" then uninstall device
install the new version
Let me know if the BSOD still happen.
(Please kindly understand that I adjust it to Accepted answer just to stick this post to the front)
Thank you so much.