This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog3 optimization, incredible battery life

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
So today I wanted to see how long could the Rog3 last without me having to charge playing punishing gray raven and good lord:
screenshot-20210803-162840223.jpg
5 hours play time nonstop, going from 90% to 28%. I lost only 62%, this means if i were to charge it to 100% I could probably play around 8 hours nonstop if I wanted to, now thats impressive battery life.
Now before people ask me "How did you do it?", it's due to optimizations from my custom kernel, I am aware that battery will typically die around the 4 hour mark on a game like PGR, I still wanted to show the potential in power efficiency from the SD 865+.

14 REPLIES 14

himverma2012
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180498#Comment_180498

I'd rather live with stock Rog3 than Rog5, that thing cant even make calls. It fails at everything, even as being a basic smartphone 😥

View post
But you can't deny the fact that Asus would've made gains with the sales. As a customer, we expect hardware specs like Asus', UI like Samsung's and optimizations like Apple's at of-course, Asus' price (in India). But that's too much to ask. 😢

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180498#Comment_180498

I'd rather live with stock Rog3 than Rog5, that thing cant even make calls. It fails at everything, even as being a basic smartphone 😥

View post
I think asus is rebranding rog 5 as asus rog bug phone or rog bug phone 5

BPM
Rising Star II
On a personal level, I do not like any of Apple's products. From the hardware designs to macOS/iOS UI and features, etc.
But, I understand WHY they have such a strong brand loyalty. They do have excellent support for their products, and they have the perception that their products are "easier" to use (though, as an anecdote, my tech-illiterate mom prefers her Android tablet and Surface to the iPad she used to use; and my tech-illiterate aunt says macOS is harder to use than Windows... go figure).
While I wouldn't count out ASUS/ROG as a candidate for my next phone (I like to hold onto a phone for at least 2 years), their after-sale support is kinda lacking. The biggest issue I'd say is lack of transparency. It'd be great to have a better idea as to when updates are coming, what issues are being worked on, etc. As it stands, we're kinda in the dark for a lot of this. And that's no good.
Strong after-sale support creates loyal customers, which means they're more likely to continue purchasing your products. Which is good for long-term business. Sadly, too many companies think in the short term, for immediate sales... While I can't say for certain this is how ASUS operates, it kinda seems that way.
With how rushed the ROG Phone 5 was (released less than a year after ROG Phone 3 was, the issues with the Snapdragon 888, hardware durability issues, lacking accessories like the TwinView Dock, etc), it's not a good sign for things to come (of course, they could correct course with the ROG Phone 6...).
With how tough the Android market is (Samsung dominates while everyone else is fighting for scraps), ASUS should be looking for ways to be better than Samsung (and Apple).
tl;dr: returning customers is just as important as new customers for long-term business.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
BPM

On a personal level, I do not like any of Apple's products. From the hardware designs to macOS/iOS UI and features, etc.

But, I understand WHY they have such a strong brand loyalty. They do have excellent support for their products, and they have the perception that their products are "easier" to use (though, as an anecdote, my tech-illiterate mom prefers her Android tablet and Surface to the iPad she used to use; and my tech-illiterate aunt says macOS is harder to use than Windows... go figure).

While I wouldn't count out ASUS/ROG as a candidate for my next phone (I like to hold onto a phone for at least 2 years), their after-sale support is kinda lacking. The biggest issue I'd say is lack of transparency. It'd be great to have a better idea as to when updates are coming, what issues are being worked on, etc. As it stands, we're kinda in the dark for a lot of this. And that's no good.

Strong after-sale support creates loyal customers, which means they're more likely to continue purchasing your products. Which is good for long-term business. Sadly, too many companies think in the short term, for immediate sales... While I can't say for certain this is how ASUS operates, it kinda seems that way.

With how rushed the ROG Phone 5 was (released less than a year after ROG Phone 3 was, the issues with the Snapdragon 888, hardware durability issues, lacking accessories like the TwinView Dock, etc), it's not a good sign for things to come (of course, they could correct course with the ROG Phone 6...).

With how tough the Android market is (Samsung dominates while everyone else is fighting for scraps), ASUS should be looking for ways to be better than Samsung (and Apple).

tl;dr: returning customers is just as important as new customers for long-term business.

View post
Xiaomi has a bigger marketshare than apple. Just saying, its not just samsung anymore. Oneplus, xiaomi and samsung are all huge.
China's Xiaomi overtakes Apple in the global smartphone market
if anything samsung is losing shares.

BPM
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180515#Comment_180515

Xiaomi has a bigger marketshare than apple. Just saying, its not just samsung anymore. Oneplus, xiaomi and samsung are all huge.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/07/16/chinas-xiaomi-overtakes-apple-in-global-sma...

if anything samsung is losing shares.

View post
Fair, but it does seem that Xiaomi's strength is mainly in China, but it does say they're growing in Europe and Latin America. Their presence in North America is almost nothing, I think (at least, for now).
Still, it shows that they, too, are doing something that's attracting more customers. Something that ASUS could benefit from learning.