No 5g option on ROG 5 very strange ...

erwin_yulius
Star II

Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2105.90
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I can`t find 5g option on my phone. It is very strange.
img-20210719-wa0008.jpg
screenshot-20210719-153520359.jpg

Have try to serach new firmware but it seems to be the update firmware now. Please help me to fix it.

29 REPLIES 29

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Boss_ROG

Erwin Kintil yulius chibai your operator must support 5g to make 5g option appear at your phone

If your operator not support it then it's option won't appear at your phone

View post
Well how does that work. I have the 5 g option on my zenfone 7 but my carrier doesn't support 5 g I leave the 5 g toggle on , forever hopeful, ??? But I never get 5 g because ALDI prepaid don't support it !
So is it different for zenfone users or what?

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180031#Comment_180031

Well how does that work. I have the 5 g option on my zenfone 7 but my carrier doesn't support 5 g I leave the 5 g toggle on , forever hopeful, ??? But I never get 5 g because ALDI prepaid don't support it !

View post
Yeah it's different
In his country only 1 provider support at capital city and it's still beta testing
If he go to capital city area which support 5g then that option will appear
Let him try it
Salam Kintil

erwin_yulius
Star II
Hi Kintil, my operator have 5g for sure. I use my card on samsung and oppo the 5g is working well. On my phone the 5g is not working because no 5g option on my phone thouh I am in 5g area on my city . Do you understand.

erwin_yulius
Star II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180031#Comment_180031

View post
Yes very strange. My provider Telkomsel do not ask their card to switch to enjoy 5g. And I live in kelapa gading and convinced the 5g is working here. I try to use oppo or samsung 5g and it is always have 5g option even I left the city. So confusing and strange using the 5g phone without 5g option.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
erwin.yulius

Hi Kintil, my operator have 5g for sure. I use my card on samsung and oppo the 5g is working well. On my phone the 5g is not working because no 5g option on my phone thouh I am in 5g area on my city . Do you understand.

View post
Hi tenglang chibai penikmat kintil
What operator do you use and what is your city