This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of the line?

TheLostSwede
Star III
With the 8-series now well and truly out in market, does that mean us owners of the 6-series can forget about any more updates? It's August now and we're still on the April fools security update...
I had high hopes that Asus has decided to aim to beat Nokia at their own game when it came to updates, as until 2021, we were getting regular updates.
However, once the new models arrived, it seems like we've been forgotten, just as every other phone maker seem to forget their loyal customers.
I guess it was foolish of me to promote Asus as a good choice in the Android phone market, as it would seem they're no better than most of their competitors. I guess I should've known better.
I was even considering the Zenfone 8, but as it doesn't take a memory card, it's not an option and the flip is simply too big. So this is likely to be my first and last Asus phone.

10 REPLIES 10

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
The release notes for 2106.156 were published earlier today. 🙂
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ZenFone 6 ZS630KL

【Release Date】

2021/8/5

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Updated Android security patch
  2. Supported SMS type QR code
  3. Added the one-hand mode

[210729]ZenFone 6 ZS630KL_WW_18.0610.2106.156 (Android 11)

hleocosta
Rising Star I
update made available today.

TheLostSwede
Star III
Just for it as well, but why is it the June and not the July security update?
I guess it's better than nothing, but in the past Asus was in the ball with the security updates. They are after all the most important updates.

brave
Star III
Come on guys.. Have you bought this phone because it is awesome or because of android or security updates?
Enjoy its features and don't beg for operation system that was not designed for this device, just its raped for it.

sudamajaiswal70
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

The release notes for 2106.156 were published earlier today. 🙂

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51490/210729-zenfone-6-zs630kl-ww-18-0610-2106-156-android-11

View post
I am updating yesterday
I have got new issue
Screen double tap not working properly