Unable to Send or Receive MMS

jag_gia
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version:18.0840.2104.56
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Tried multiple different apps all the same issue
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Both me and my partner have both gotten ASUS ROG Phone 5 phones and we both can't send or receive MMS messages we have tried different Apps gotten in contact with our service provider and still have the same issue. We have completed all basic trouble shooting and also manuelly added the APN settings and spent a good 2-3 hours running all means of trouble shooting.
I also seen another person who has had the same issue on the forum but that article has been closed.
Can we please have someone address the issue as this is affecting my ability to work as I can't download MMS audio files I received from missed calls.

37 REPLIES 37

Cideburns
Star II
FYI: I took my ROG 5 back to JB HiFi for a full refund

Luchulainn
Star III
Cideburns

FYI: I took my ROG 5 back to JB HiFi for a full refund

View post
How long after purchase did you do that? Did you have to jump through any hoops? Contemplating doing the same if it's easy enough.

Cideburns
Star II
Luchulainn

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180278#Comment_180278

How long after purchase did you do that? Did you have to jump through any hoops? Contemplating doing the same if it's easy enough.

View post
2 or 3 weeks. The store wanted to see the issue for when they send back to ASUS as 'faulty'.
So I showed them MMS not sending or receiving.... then; no problem, refund given

mickey10021
Rising Star II
The new update from Zenfone 8 fixed MMS issue so Rog 5 should be the next firmware update soon hopefully.

To_The_Top
Star I
I am with Optus / ROG 5 ( from JB), the same issue, and spend lots of time try to fix it. I bring back for refund. This is not good. Unless someone know when this can be fix.