This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus CT8 keeps dying with Out-Of-Memory error (oom-killer)

adoram
Star I
System: Asus ZenWifi CT8 Mesh system
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence: Usually within a few hours, multiple times a day!
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
4 REPLIES 4

adoram
Star I
I've bought ZenWiFi AC CT8 to improve my home wifi, but it's embarrassing how bad it is.
It keeps resetting every few hours with hundreds of lines of oom-killer in its logs.
That means that the operating system ran out of memory and has to start killing processes in order to free memory.
This causes total network death - no wifi, some wired network traffic is lost too.
I have to keep resetting it every time it happens.
ASUS - Do something!

wsedrfv
Star I
I have the same problem. CT8, a base and a satellite. The symptom is loss of internet. CT8 logs show cascades of out-of-memory errors. Cycle power, and it works for 10 minutes, or an hour, or a couple of days until it dies again.
Gigabit fiber internet. About 40 devices (smart bulbs & switches, a couple of PCs, a couple of iPads). Heaviest usage is a couple of Netflix streams.
Works fine as Access Point only. Rock solid as an access point. Worthless boat anchor when used as a router connected to the WAN. Pretty expensive boat anchor.

adoram
Star I
Same here, exactly, but a much simpler network.
It's sad to see Asus top-of-the-line router fail on such a simple setup

40fastback
Star II
Think I'm having the same issue...rebooting it seems to clear the issue for a couple days then watch the 250 megs of memory being taken. Agree for a top of the line router its bad.