This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random system stuttering and buzzing sound for a couple seconds on Zephyrus G14 (2021 model)

sstangggg
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zephyrus G14 GA401QM
Frequency of occurrence: Every 2~4 hours of continue usage
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:At a random time my laptop would start lagging/slow down/stuttering with audio distortion for a few seconds. After that, everything would return to normal and it would happen again after a couple of hours of usage. This happens regardless of whether I am gaming, working inside the software, watching videos or just browsing the internet.
Other than this annoying issue, the laptop runs great so I think it either a bug in the bios or drivers but I am also not rulling out hardware issue. It is extremely frustrating when it happens while I am in the middle of doing important activities on my laptop even though it's just a split second stutters.
I have never experienced anything like this on any other pc or laptop so I am really in the dark here.
At this point I just don't know what to do anymore so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
What I have done so far trying to fix this issue but nothing works.
Clean install windows twice and updated to latest version with stock drivers from Asus
Updated bios to the lastest version from myAsus (version 408)
Reverted to the oldest available bios version on myAsus (Version 407)
Uninstalled amd and nvidia drivers from device manager and let window auto install them
Disable wlan/ethernet driver
Uninstalled Nvidia driver with ddu and tried out several drivers
Used letencymon to find the culprit but found nothing
3 REPLIES 3

munkeynuggets
Star I
Have you found a solution? I'm having this exact same problem and I have no idea whats causing it.

sstangggg
Star II
munkeynuggets

Have you found a solution? I'm having this exact same problem and I have no idea whats causing it.

View post
Unfortunately, No. As you can see nobody here is helping at all and Asus are not acknowledging the problem even though I have seen many people having this same issue.
I contacted support through email and all they told me was to send my laptop to them when the issue is probably not even a hardware issue. I need my laptop for work so I can't just send it to them, especially during this covid pandemic.
This is probably going to be the last time I am buying anything from Asus. Let me know if you find any solution.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
sstangggg
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Zephyrus G14 GA401QM
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Every 2~4 hours of continue usage
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:At a random time my laptop would start lagging/slow down/stuttering with audio distortion for a few seconds. After that, everything would return to normal and it would happen again after a couple of hours of usage. This happens regardless of whether I am gaming, working inside the software, watching videos or just browsing the internet.

Other than this annoying issue, the laptop runs great so I think it either a bug in the bios or drivers but I am also not rulling out hardware issue. It is extremely frustrating when it happens while I am in the middle of doing important activities on my laptop even though it's just a split second stutters.

I have never experienced anything like this on any other pc or laptop so I am really in the dark here.

At this point I just don't know what to do anymore so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

What I have done so far trying to fix this issue but nothing works.

• Clean install windows twice and updated to latest version with stock drivers from Asus
  • Updated bios to the lastest version from myAsus (version 408)
  • Reverted to the oldest available bios version on myAsus (Version 407)
  • Uninstalled amd and nvidia drivers from device manager and let window auto install them
  • Disable wlan/ethernet driver
  • Uninstalled Nvidia driver with ddu and tried out several drivers
  • Used letencymon to find the culprit but found nothing

Random system stuttering and buzzing sound for a couple seconds on Zephyrus G14 (2021 model)
.I don't have your model laptop,
If the sound is the problem means why you can't try with generic drivers, install directly from the audio device manager device site. I use Realtek audio generic drivers directly from realtek site.