System: Windows 10 64bit
Battery or AC: Both
Model: GL702VM
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
=====================
Detailed description:
My keyboard suddenly stopped working. Been using external Bluetooth keyboard for the longest time and then one time I tried to use the built in keyboard again and it doesn't work anymore.
The only key that works is the Power button, ROG button and when I press the FN button + the FN keys (F1-F12). Other than that it doesn't work.
The backlight is still working. Never dropped or spilled anything on it as well.
I've tried all below troubleshooting steps I know and read online but it still doesn't work.
Uninstalled / reinstalled the driver
Updated the driver automatically (latest driver installed)
Updated the driver manually (downloaded driver from Asus)
Tried the windows keyboard troubleshooter (no issue found)
Enabled/disabled "Use Filter Keys"
Disabled "Cortona" from Task Manager (End task)
Enabled/Run TextServicesFramework from Task Scheduler
Run the "c:\windows\system32\cftmon.exe"
What I noticed though is that on the device manager, the keyboard device is somehow always hidden. And the only compatible keyboard hardware shown is the PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)
If I unticked the Show compatible hardware, then I can see the HID Keyboard and Standard PS/2. I tried to install them but it will prompt me that it is not a recommended or compatible device. When I continue to install them it ask me to restart to complete the changes but after restart it still only shows PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key).
If I use the external keyboard, I plugged in the Bluetooth USB receiver, then the keyboard device will show up on the device manager and it actually shows/use the HID keyboard.
I have not tried resetting the Laptop yet as I'm hoping I can resolve it without resetting the laptop first.
5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Andrew,
I'm afraid that this could be hardware issue.
Please backup your device, and we can try reset the device.
If it still doesn't work, please send the device to our service center.
Thank you.

andrewlee_888
Star I
Hi Blake,
That's what I was afraid of. Anyway, seems like I don't have much of a choice but to do a reset. I will give it a try, hopefully it works.
Thanks!

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
andrewlee_888
  1. System: Windows 10 64bit
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: GL702VM
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video:

=====================

Detailed description:

My keyboard suddenly stopped working. Been using external Bluetooth keyboard for the longest time and then one time I tried to use the built in keyboard again and it doesn't work anymore.

The only key that works is the Power button, ROG button and when I press the FN button + the FN keys (F1-F12). Other than that it doesn't work.

The backlight is still working. Never dropped or spilled anything on it as well.

I've tried all below troubleshooting steps I know and read online but it still doesn't work.

• Uninstalled / reinstalled the driver
  • Updated the driver automatically (latest driver installed)
  • Updated the driver manually (downloaded driver from Asus)
  • Tried the windows keyboard troubleshooter (no issue found)
  • Enabled/disabled "Use Filter Keys"
  • Disabled "Cortona" from Task Manager (End task)
  • Enabled/Run TextServicesFramework from Task Scheduler
  • Run the "c:\windows\system32\cftmon.exe"

What I noticed though is that on the device manager, the keyboard device is somehow always hidden. And the only compatible keyboard hardware shown is the PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)

If I unticked the Show compatible hardware, then I can see the HID Keyboard and Standard PS/2. I tried to install them but it will prompt me that it is not a recommended or compatible device. When I continue to install them it ask me to restart to complete the changes but after restart it still only shows PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key).

If I use the external keyboard, I plugged in the Bluetooth USB receiver, then the keyboard device will show up on the device manager and it actually shows/use the HID keyboard.

I have not tried resetting the Laptop yet as I'm hoping I can resolve it without resetting the laptop first.

GL702VM Keyboard not working
Is your keyboard is working under bios, Also make sure the keyboard is working in safe mode ?

andrewlee_888
Star I
Hi Raju,
That part I have not tried yet. I will give it a try later. If ever it works under BIOS or/and Safe mode, what could be the issue then? And if it doesn't work, does it confirm it's a hardware issue then?
Thank you!