jahanzaib_jamsh
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 5
Firmware Version: RKQ1.201022.002.WW_PHONE-18.0830.2101.86
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Proximity Sensor Issue. It is always active leading to screen turning off when call comes or if we listen whatsapp messages.
I check it with .1235+= in calculator and it is confirmed it is not working properly i.e. always seem to be active.
Is it hardware or software problem?.
what can be done to solve it? i am using it in Pakistan and i dont think we have any authorized service agents here since it is not officially launched here,

screenshot-20210730-152342148.jpg
screenshot-20210730-152349799.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Since this is a widespread issue that also only happened after the latest update I would think this is a software related problem. Considering the nature of the Rog5 updates lately I wouldnt expect any fixes anytime soon. It seems ASUS fixes 1 bug to introduce 3 new.

jahanzaib_jamsh
Star II
SO is there any way to turn off the proximity sensor completely (and not just from phone app) for now until an update is released?

jahanzaib_jamsh
Star II
It was a software issue.
I Updated my phone manually by downloading the latest update file from asus website, pasted into root directory of phone and updated the phone. (Be Careful and read all instructions on the firware page before doing it at your own risk and cost). Just match your Build Number with your intended Software Update;
Alhumdulillah Problem has been solved

Can you specify which software update?