reigoquibral
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 3
Firmware Version: ww_18.0410.2106.138
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): media storage
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
hello. after updating to android 11, i noticed my rog phone 3 is draining its battery fast and media storage is listed as the top consumer.
media storage is also being detected as battery-draining app and i always choose to close it when prompted.

anybody who is experiencing this or have a solution for it?
7 REPLIES 7

ajinkya017
Rising Star II
This is an extreme and not a guaranteed solution, but are you in a position to factory reset your phone? Lot of issues fix themselves with a reset. It is pain to setup everything again but can give it a try.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
reigoquibral

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: rog phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: ww_18.0410.2106.138
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): media storage

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

hello. after updating to android 11, i noticed my rog phone 3 is draining its battery fast and media storage is listed as the top consumer.

media storage is also being detected as battery-draining app and i always choose to close it when prompted.

anybody who is experiencing this or have a solution for it?

media storage draining battery
Go to app settings , downloads clear cache and data. Then go to download manager clear cache and data. Fixed

waxy78611
Zen Master I
reigoquibral

i tried to clear data but it is grayed out so i cant really do that option. i will still observe it some more before doing factory reset

View post
Hello, did you manage to fix it ? I am facing same issue on my rog 5