fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.
It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.
Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!
130 REPLIES 130

Tagion
Rising Star II
CVonC

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/179565#Comment_179565

One hand mode... So all it does is shift the entire screen down which crops the bottom part out. I really don't see the point? Previously the screen just gets squished down but still in the same ratio so you can see whole screen area including the bottom.

View post
It's following the Android 12 One Hand Mode implementation. It's only meant to reach top parts of the screen quickly. Previously you had to make the screen very small to easily reach the status bar, but then the screen is too small to read comfortably.

CVonC
Rising Star II
Yeah I prefer the original implementation. Not that I used it though.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
They are just to big a phone to use one handed especially when it's in a leather case

teegee
Star III
Yeah not the best one-hand mode implementation, considering it also activates unintentionally while playing games. But it's something, it can be useful for some.
Gmail notifications also work for me so far, but I'm not celebrating for at least 2 weeks, it might be due to the restart.

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
4 days in and still no issue about background apps, Gmail works as expected, Weather app too, and the Play Store update apps by itself.
Everything seems to work now.
I won't have to switch phone for now then.