Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: Android 11
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time i use Waze, Maps, etc
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
========================================
Hi guys,
So, i use daily the navigation, and every time, the GPS randomly stops working, than it comes back, than it stops again and so on...
Does anyone have the same issue?
21 REPLIES 21

CVonC
Rising Star II
Yes other people have reported issues
biciklanto

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Frequent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Maps, GPSTest, Strava

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Since roughly the beginning of May, seemingly after a device update, I've had issues with GPS precision and accuracy. In the past, I was thrilled with how well the phone handled challenging circumstances, including Strava activity tracking through deep slot canyons (with strong track matching in both directions).

Now, I have major issues with tracking, which also extends to activities like using navigation in Google Maps: it sometimes hangs at an intersection and then I don't know how to proceed, being well past it. GPSTest will also show that it can't get a lock on location despite sattelites being all over the place.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

(here is a screenshot showing a failed Strava track as I walked down that street. You see that the track line jumps up and down and back and forth, when it should have just been a single, clean line to the right of the street.)

screenshot-20210607-223948127.jpg

GPS inaccuracy since beginning of May?

Not sure if the latest update has fixed it

ZT-f89b5685
Star II
I really like the phone. Don't wanna sell it. I hope Asus will fix this via an update, but they are moving sooooo slow ... I'll try the downgrade to A10 maybe that will solve it

ZT-f89b5685
Star II
Downgrading to A10 solved the GPS issue. Now I'll wait for the update to fix this issue. Hope Asus will bdo right by it's customers

kr0mka
Rising Star I
I can confirm this on the current newest update. I had GPS dropouts, maps would update my position only every 5-10 seconds or so. I fixed it by fiddling with GPS options, mainly turning on and off wifi and Bluetooth scanning