Speed_Rebirth
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: .86
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Once in a While
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): org.codeaurora.ims
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Today I'm facing a huge battery drainage. I don't know the reason some app called org.codeaurora.ims is draining battery like hell 8% battery brain in 10 minutes.

Please suggest me a solution for this issue.
Please find the attachment.
20 REPLIES 20

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
chi8104

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/179392#Comment_179392

Hey I tried adb and removed that bloatware. After removing that app Volte disappeared from status bar and I'm not able to make phone calls... please help.

p-20210803-125339.jpg

View post
Because the service is VoLTE. You uninstalled the VoLTE service from your phone.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
chi8104

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/179574#Comment_179574

Thanks Again,

I got this bloatware again. But now not only this app Android System named application also draining battery.

I think I need to wait for a new FW update or I have to reset the device again. Tried battery calibration also.

I'm stucked in this battery draining process.

View post
My best solution is you must reset your phone to make it all good again

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi chi8104,
I won't recommend you to use ADB or any other method if you are not well versed with it.
codeaurora.ims if you google all major brands like OnePlus, Xiaomi, etc are facing this issue. This is something to do with VoLTE and the bug is through Android and not specific to any 1 brand.
The upcoming updates should fix it.
If you are facing a battery issue, share the entire usage screenshot when the battery reaches around 10%.
If your calls are still not working Factory reset your phone

Speed_Rebirth
Star III
ARP_ASUS

Hi chi8104,

I won't recommend you to use ADB or any other method if you are not well versed with it.

codeaurora.ims if you google all major brands like OnePlus, Xiaomi, etc are facing this issue. This is something to do with VoLTE and the bug is through Android and not specific to any 1 brand.

If you are facing a battery issue, share the entire usage screenshot when the battery reaches around 10%.

View post
My calls and Volte is working again Thanks.
But battery drainage is still the same issue.
Org.codeaurora.ims
Android System
Android Os
These 3 applications after force stop and clear cache still are draining the battery like hell and due to which phone is getting hot.
Hope upcoming update will fix these issues soon.
Thanks For your time team.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
ARP_ASUS

Hi chi8104,

View post
Hello, could you Please revert the speaker sound/quality back to how it was when the phone was released? It's definitely lost some volume since being updated. When you first released the Rog 5, the speakers were superb, 10/10. Please change speakers back to how they were in the first place