This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of the line?

TheLostSwede
Star III
With the 8-series now well and truly out in market, does that mean us owners of the 6-series can forget about any more updates? It's August now and we're still on the April fools security update...
I had high hopes that Asus has decided to aim to beat Nokia at their own game when it came to updates, as until 2021, we were getting regular updates.
However, once the new models arrived, it seems like we've been forgotten, just as every other phone maker seem to forget their loyal customers.
I guess it was foolish of me to promote Asus as a good choice in the Android phone market, as it would seem they're no better than most of their competitors. I guess I should've known better.
I was even considering the Zenfone 8, but as it doesn't take a memory card, it's not an option and the flip is simply too big. So this is likely to be my first and last Asus phone.

10 REPLIES 10

hleocosta
Rising Star I
TheLostSwede

With the 8-series noe well and truly out in market, does that mean us owners of the 6-series can forget about any more updates? It's August now and we're still on the April fools security update...

I had high hopes that Asus has decided to aim to beat Nokia at their own game when it came to updates, as until 2021, we were getting regular updates.

However, once the new models arrived, it seems like we've been forgotten, just as every other phone maker seem to forget their loyal customers.

I guess it was foolish of me to promote Asus as a good choice in the Android phone market, as it would seem they're no better than most of their competitors. I guess I should've known better.

I was even considering the Zenfone 8, but as it doesn't take a memory card, it's not an option and the flip is simply too big. So this is likely to be my first and last Asus phone.

End of the line?
Yes. end of the line. they said we would receive security packages, but not even that

TheLostSwede
Star III
hleocosta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51436/end-of-the-line

Yes. end of the line. they said we would receive security packages, but not even that

View post
Yeah, that was kind of my point, without security updates it's getting to the point where it's time to change device and it's not going to be another Asus, I'm sorry to say.
Overall I've been happy with my Zenfone 6, but it feels like Asus has dropped it like a warm turd and will never pick it up again.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
TheLostSwede

With the 8-series now well and truly out in market, does that mean us owners of the 6-series can forget about any more updates? It's August now and we're still on the April fools security update...

End of the line?
take a peek in the Rog5 subforum, that's why updates have been staggering.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
New fota with June security patch,Asus qr scanner support in cam and one hand mode from Zenfone 8 is out by the way