This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I wake my laptop from hibernate using keyboard and mouse?

ongguanfuh
Star I
System: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Battery or AC: both
Model: X513EP-EJ172T
Frequency of occurrence: N.A.
Reset OS: N.A
Screenshot or video: N.A.
========================
Detailed description: Can anyone advise me on how to wake my laptop from hibernate mode using a mouse and/or keyboard? Currently, my laptop only wakes up when I press the power button. I have tried to move and click my mouse, and pressing my keyboard to wake the computer to no avail. I have checked my device manager. Both mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake the computer.

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
ongguanfuh
  1. System: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: X513EP-EJ172T
  4. Frequency of occurrence: N.A.
  5. Reset OS: N.A
  6. Screenshot or video: N.A.

========================

Detailed description: Can anyone advise me on how to wake my laptop from hibernate mode using a mouse and/or keyboard? Currently, my laptop only wakes up when I press the power button. I have tried to move and click my mouse, and pressing my keyboard to wake the computer to no avail. I have checked my device manager. Both mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake the computer.

Thank you.

How do I wake my laptop from hibernate using keyboard and mouse?
@ongguanfuh
Please refer to the following FAQ. If the situation is still not eliminated after resetting, I would suggest you to try factory reset.
[Windows 10] Change Power mode and plan | Official Support | ASUS Global[Notebook] Troubleshooting - Laptop does not wake from Sleep or Hibernate mode | Official Support | ...**Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
Windows 10 - How to restore the system to factory default settings? | Official Support | ASUS Global

ongguanfuh
Star I
Hi Falcon,
I notice my Advanced settings in Power Options do not have USB settings. Is this normal? If it is not, how do i fix this?

image.png

Falcon_ASUS
ongguanfuh

Hi Falcon,

I notice my Advanced settings in Power Options do not have USB settings. Is this normal? If it is not, how do i fix this?

image.png

View post
@ongguanfuh
Your "Power Options" seems to be missing a part.
Please try "the Factory Reset" 
Windows 10 - How to restore the system to factory default settings? | Official Support | ASUS Global**Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

ongguanfuh
Star I
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for the advice thus far. I have attempted a factory reset and the problem still persist. Do I head down to the service center for assistance?