Sibi
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: .86
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi team,
I just now saw the dxo camera score of zenfone 8 which is 120 which is higher than s21 from samsung....but despite having same rear camera sensors(main and ultra wide) as zf 8 the rog 5 picture quality is much poor with image not being sharp enough and noise effects....zf 8 has much better and richer picture output than rog 5...please improve rog 5 camera software also like you did with many camera improvement updates for zf 8 since launch.
7 REPLIES 7

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Sibi

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 5
  2. Firmware Version: .86
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi team,

I just now saw the dxo camera score of zenfone 8 which is 120 which is higher than s21 from samsung....but despite having same rear camera sensors(main and ultra wide) as zf 8 the rog 5 picture quality is much poor with image not being sharp enough and noise effects....zf 8 has much better and richer picture output than rog 5...please improve rog 5 camera software also like you did with many camera improvement updates for zf 8 since launch.

Rog 5 camera software
Mind showing some pictures? Because depending on situation the ZF8 won't do any better, infact considering how the Rog3 does better than the S21 as well I don't see why the rog5 should be bad there as well.
Also the ultrawide is different, the ZF8 uses a sony IMX sensor while the Rog uses a worse Omnivision sensor. Only the main lens is the same.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
You can try gcam
ASUS won't upgrade their software to match ZF8 because they don't care about this phone camera

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Boss_ROG

You can try gcam

ASUS won't upgrade their software to match ZF8 because they don't care about this phone camera

View post
The camera software on the Rog3 is absolutely excellent, I don't see why it shouldnt be as good on the Rog5.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Sibi,
Thanks for the feedback. The camera software and the output are optimized with every update.