This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T 3G Sunset

DailyDose
Star I
So I am in the market for a new phone. I was using the ROG 2 until AT&T decided to announce the sunset of the 3G network and informed me that my phone was not compatible. Thus begins the hunt for the next phone. And the ASUS Zenfone 8 has peaked my interest. A great deal in fact. However, the Zenfone does not show up on their approved list. As a matter of fact, none of the Zenfones appear on the approved list.
The list of approved AT&T post 3G sunset devices includes: ROG 3 and ROG 5. Why aren't the Zenfones included? The 8 is basically a small ROG 5. Is AT&T just being lazy? Is there some annoying politics involved in this? Is there a gameplan for Zenfone to get approved? Is the Zenfone actually approved because of the ROG phones? Anyone know?
16 REPLIES 16

DailyDose
Star I
jfowlerjr

Yes! AT&T updated the list today and Zenfone 8 (ASUS_I006D) made the list!

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/wireless/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf

View post
So check this list out... it would seem to suggest that only a few select phones will actually be supported on the 5G network, though.
att.com/idpassets/images/support/wireless/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network
(make sure to type "www." at the beginning and ".pdf" at the end... I cannot post links for whatever reason)

DailyDose
Star I
@Kris_ASUS
Are you able to confirm this phone will be supported on the AT&T 5G network? The following list would suggest it will not be supported.
att.com/idpassets/images/support/wireless/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network
(make sure to type "www." at the beginning and ".pdf" at the end... I cannot post links for whatever reason)