Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual update error

Ömür_Can
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 2
Firmware Version: ww_17.0240.2009.47
fingerprint version and software version match. When I try to update manually, the update file is detected but the update fails.

Since the side input of my device is not working, I cannot connect to fastboot and load as raw. I can't root. all i can do is connect with adb.

damn software; "ww_17.0240.2009.47" is eating a lot of charge. please help me. i need to update the software or fix the charging problem
========================================

18 REPLIES 18

Vableme
Rising Star II
Ömür Can

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176939#Comment_176939

It doesn't work, my friend. I tried all the update files. I also tried downgrading the A9. It is not happening. and i can't solve this problem. I don't know why either.

View post
It could mean a corrupted sector. Might be that's why it won't accept the new updates.
Ömür Can

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176939#Comment_176939

It doesn't work, my friend. I tried all the update files. I also tried downgrading the A9. It is not happening. and i can't solve this problem. I don't know why either.

View post
But if you do still want to have the stock ROM, you could force update it.
You will need to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP.
In TWRP, you can force flash the new full (not incremental) update downloaded from the support site.

Ömür_Can
Star III
I actually solved the problem in a strange way. my side connection attempt normally does not see fastboot. but interestingly I managed to flash it with qpst in edl mode. now the system is a9 but it is not the latest version. Can someone bring me the a10 latest version or a9 latest version to a state where I can flash it with qpst?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Ömür Can

I actually solved the problem in a strange way. my side connection attempt normally does not see fastboot. but interestingly I managed to flash it with qpst in edl mode. now the system is a9 but it is not the latest version. Can someone bring me the a10 latest version or a9 latest version to a state where I can flash it with qpst?

View post
Use this link to download the firmware:
ROG Phone II | Gaming Phones|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global

Ömür_Can
Star III