This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating issues Asus ZenFone 8

snake316_zk
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help: Phone heats up very quickly when using for light tasks ie Browing web pages, reading messages on what's app etc
Model Name: Asus ZenFone 8
Firmware Version: 30.11.51.60
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: whenever in use
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
First time buyer for Asus, well in mobile market any way. I feel like crying because why Asus would you make possibly what could of been the best phone in the market and just throw it away. Was anticipating release of this handset and my gosh how disappointed I am. Phone becomes abnormally hot from normal use and my word, when charging don't even ask. Put it this way, I can't hold the top half of phone for more than few mins before feeling like I will have burn marks on my fingers. With big regret will be sending this phone back tomorrow, such a wasted opportunity. First impressions not great
========================================

27 REPLIES 27

b_preslavski
Star III
May I should switch off the phone when not using it. The battery performance may start to behave the expected way 🙂
I didn't give my money to restrict the performance of the phone in order for the battery to get me through the day with 2h browsing, 10min calls and 3 images.
I want a fix.

th_besch
Rising Star I
Strangely watching a YouTube video does not consume much battery and the phone stays quite cool, but streaming it to a tv lets the solder drip out. Why?

liviumortoiu
Star I
My zenfone 8 is overheating as well. Please we need urgent update and explanations. Is not a coincidence is a well known issue.

rolfvanstrien
Star I
Right, same issue here. Phone heats up in my pocket even when the screen is not active. How to prevent this?

rolfvanstrien
Star I
Ok, as someone higher up in the discussion suggested, it could be related to 5G. So I turned off 5G and now the phone no longer heats up in my pocket. I kind of doubt this was the intention of 5G, so I am quite interested to understand when this will be resolved.. 🙂