This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker problem in the handset submitted to the service center (India)

NaitikK
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 5z
Firmware Version: Unavailable
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone had issues like auto-restart, slow charging, and lags (note only 3 problems). After my phone got repaired, I noticed the sound from the bottom speaker was cracking (just like when a person on an online meet has a poor connection and tries to speak). The service center receptionist told me that a software tweak may solve the issue. I resubmitted my phone.
Today, she said that the software tweak did not work and there may be 2 solutions to this ---- the speaker pad or the motherboard (super expensive) needs to be changed. She also asked if the speaker problem existed before. I denied. She defended herself by saying that they tried to use the old spare part but the speaker problem still persisted (that is as per her, the speaker issue was the 4th problem that pre-existed). However, I did not face such an issue before submitting it. She said that she would contact ASUS and follow any solution from their side.
A few hours ago, she informed me that the issue is with the motherboard. She was expecting me to take my phone back.
How can I accept a faulty phone with such a major problem? Had I faced the issue, I would have let them know on day 1. Why would I lie? It's been more than 2 weeks and I still do not have my handset. Plus it's been only 2 years with such a flagship phone. This is really infuriating.
I seriously need some help from the mods and the community here. What should I do?
@ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Chris1
2 REPLIES 2

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, please check your inbox for the private message I've sent you, since the further information that we need involves your personal information. Thank you.

vkk178
Rising Star I
NaitikK

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZenFone 5z
  2. Firmware Version: Unavailable
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

My phone had issues like auto-restart, slow charging, and lags (note only 3 problems). After my phone got repaired, I noticed the sound from the bottom speaker was cracking (just like when a person on an online meet has a poor connection and tries to speak). The service center receptionist told me that a software tweak may solve the issue. I resubmitted my phone.

Today, she said that the software tweak did not work and there may be 2 solutions to this ---- the speaker pad or the motherboard (super expensive) needs to be changed. She also asked if the speaker problem existed before. I denied. She defended herself by saying that they tried to use the old spare part but the speaker problem still persisted (that is as per her, the speaker issue was the 4th problem that pre-existed). However, I did not face such an issue before submitting it. She said that she would contact ASUS and follow any solution from their side.

A few hours ago, she informed me that the issue is with the motherboard. She was expecting me to take my phone back.

How can I accept a faulty phone with such a major problem? Had I faced the issue, I would have let them know on day 1. Why would I lie? It's been more than 2 weeks and I still do not have my handset. Plus it's been only 2 years with such a flagship phone. This is really infuriating.

I seriously need some help from the mods and the community here. What should I do?

@ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Chris1

Speaker problem in the handset submitted to the service center (India)
I suspect Asus service centers in India aren't well equipped in the first place . They don't even have basic spares like battery available . I'm trying since a month .. And they have this wierd policy of asking you to deposit phone for a week for anything . I will have to drop my plans for the next Asus phone if this is the situation