No 5g option on ROG 5 very strange ...

erwin_yulius
Star II

Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2105.90
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I can`t find 5g option on my phone. It is very strange.
img-20210719-wa0008.jpg
screenshot-20210719-153520359.jpg

Have try to serach new firmware but it seems to be the update firmware now. Please help me to fix it.

29 REPLIES 29

erwin_yulius
Star II
FunBike31

Hello,

Objectively, should taking 5G into account be a priority in 2021, the answer is what should be prioritized for operators who have really deployed 5G in their countries, but even in this case, the coverage is still very broad. insufficient and smartphones spend their time looking for 5G by devouring batteries to finally use 4G / 4G +

US example: all operators except T-Mobile

Is it necessary to take into account 5G for operators other than T-Mobile? If the others offer 5G, it is deception and obvious theft.

Voila, look at your country and who really offer 5G, there yes, you can insist and demand 5G from the manufacturer of your smartphone.

Escuser my English, French translated with Google 😞

You need to stay a bit longer before you can post any links.

I can not post a link yet, I put in picture, sorry

image.png

View post
I just want to have an option to choose 5g. But there is no 5g option in my phone right now.

erwin_yulius
Star II
Hallo no suggestion yet.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
erwin.yulius

Hallo no suggestion yet.

View post
Hello,
You do not seem to understand, for the 5G switch to be present, your operator AND your package must be in 5G, you have not mentioned either, without these basic indications it is impossible to go further away.

FunBike31
Community Legend I

Hello,
You are at the limit of the consumption of data which is configured on 2GB, with us, some operators deactivate 5G when consumption reaches the limit of the 5G package and forces 4G or 3G or even lower.
How much 5G data do you have in your plan?

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Erwin Kintil yulius chibai your operator must support 5g to make 5g option appear at your phone
If your operator not support it then it's option won't appear at your phone