Star I
System: Zenbook
Battery or AC:
Model: UX425J
Frequency of occurrence: 2/2
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Yesterday, my Zenbook would not start - it did a few hours later - and this morning it would not start. The first day, first thing in the morning after not being used for 12 hours it was blazing hot. I put it in the fridge to cool it down, then plugged it in again and a few hours later worked just fine. I manually updated BIOS, graphic card, etc (6 in all), but first got a message that the restart couldn't happen until the battery was more than 20% - it should not have drained so quickly. Day 2, again in the morning, it would not start but was not overheated. I followed the instructions in the support center to remove everything, hold the power button for 40 seconds, plug it in and then press the power button. I'm nervous about tomorrow.
Earlier this month, I downloaded the Adobe Creative Cloud - Ps, Illustrator, Drive and am wondering if these could be why the laptop is misbehaving. I used a utility to cull files, and noticed that the temporary files created by Creative Cloud were "in use."
Would appreciate any insights so that I can sleep well and not have a heart attack in the morning!
4 REPLIES 4

jchiu_consult
Star I
Update: The clock on the Zenbook is a half hour slow today (Day 2).

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
jchiu.consult

Update: The clock on the Zenbook is a half hour slow today (Day 2).

View post
Normally adobe products install scheduled tasks without knowing the users. Allow adobe product related services are enabled ,it made to startup type as automatic.
When you start your laptop, many of the applications and running background without user knowledge.
So you need to disable or delete apps under startup items under task manager.
Also, disable background applications under battery power. Delete all possible tasks registered under task schedulers.

Also windows time services as automatic startup type

jchiu_consult
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/178915#Comment_178915

Normally adobe products install scheduled tasks without knowing the users. Allow adobe product related services are enabled ,it made to startup type as automatic.

When you start your laptop, many of the applications and running background without user knowledge.

So you need to disable or delete apps under startup items under task manager.

Also, disable background applications under battery power. Delete all possible tasks registered under task schedulers.

Also windows time services as automatic startup type

View post
Thank you for the suggestions. Easy to complete. Now, hoping for better performance.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
It looks like that your laptop didn't shutdown successfully.
After you shutdown, you might need to wait to check if the LED light did turn off.
Or you may check in Windows update, to see if there was any KB update ongoing, and complete them under your attention.
Thank you.