Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Charge with ZenFone 5z

NaitikK
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 5z
Firmware Version: No Info (Handset not available)
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Today, I visited the service center to check my repaired phone. As slow charging was one of the reasons for repair, I am curious if there exists a way to confirm that quick charging is fixed (at the service center itself). I used an app Ampere available on the Play Store. The voltage was around 4V and current 680mA.
@ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Chris1
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

vkk178
Rising Star I
What part did they service ?
If fast charging lock screen will show fast charging . and charging current can go mre than 2 - 2.5 amp

NaitikK
Rising Star I
vkk178

What part did they service ?

If fast charging lock screen will show fast charging . and charging current can go mre than 2 - 2.5 amp

View post
Actually, my handset used to charge very slowly while showing 'Fast Charging' on the lock screen.
They used sub board to fix this issue.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
NaitikK

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/178830#Comment_178830

Actually, my handset used to charge very slowly while showing 'Fast Charging' on the lock screen.

They used sub board to fix this issue.

View post
No.... Fast charging in asus zenfone 5z is 2000mamp-2500mamp.if it's below that then means the issue is still not fixed.
Ask them about the flex cable to get it replaced. That might be faulty there might be a power delivery issue to the motherboard.

vkk178
Rising Star I
You can also try checking your battery capacity & few other interesting stats using accubattery . Mine shows the capacity as 2100 mah while the rated capacity is 3300 ..
screenshot-20210810-174832027.jpg