Star I
System: MS Windows 10 Home
Battery or AC: AC
Model: ZenBook UX45EA
Frequency of occurrence: Ongoing
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: Non-Applicable
========================
Detailed description: Experiencing various issues with system operations, speed, response, touch/mouse pad etc. When I bought the machine and first started up there was a BIOS update available, did it using MY ASUS and or very easily through MS Windows. Recently when other issues (touchpad/mouse/connectivity to Wi-Fi, speed, etc) came up I contacted customer tech support they say my BIOS (306) dated 4/6/2021 needed to be updated to 307 they sent my download link for BIOS update, did not work, also tried using the EZ BIOS update USB etc. does not work...System is operating so what to do
6 REPLIES 6

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Please refer to below link
ZenBook 14 UX425 (11th Gen Intel)|Laptops For Home|ASUS GlobalThere are 2 way to update BIOS 307.
If EZ flash does not work for you, please try the "BIOS Update for Windows" one.
Thank you.

ZT-5b591a17
Star I
The suggested answer does not address the poster's issue, which is the BIOS update does not install. I am experiencing the same issue on a brand new Zenbook 14. The installed BIOS out of the box is 207. Downloaded Windows BIOS updater for version 307. When the updater is run and the system reboots, the BIOS update does not run.
Initially I thought the failure to run the update utility at restart was due to the Zenbook being on battery power, however it also fails when the system is plugged in.
So, what to do?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
service@stonepcworks.com

The suggested answer does not address the poster's issue, which is the BIOS update does not install. I am experiencing the same issue on a brand new Zenbook 14. The installed BIOS out of the box is 207. Downloaded Windows BIOS updater for version 307. When the updater is run and the system reboots, the BIOS update does not run.

Initially I thought the failure to run the update utility at restart was due to the Zenbook being on battery power, however it also fails when the system is plugged in.

So, what to do?

View post
Then can you specify which step were you stopped at?
A screenshot or picture would be very helpful.
Thank you.

ZT-5b591a17
Star I
Please refer to my post, specifically "When the updater is run and the system reboots, the BIOS update does not run."