jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

Android 11 didn't fix color banding/black crush and also performance is decreased in terms of benchmark score that's not noticeable. However why it scored less in geekbench5?
screenshot-20210727-132014906.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51138/updated-a11-fota-getting-low-score-in-geekbench5

Don't base performance off of geekbench,they have been proven that they are biased

And besides,benchmarks scores mean nothing unless they show a stability graph like 3d mark

But,performance has been improved in games etc so its their best update yet

View post
No, the topic creators concern is valid. He is NOT comparing it to other devices, he is comparing it to same SD 865 devices, which is a valid way of testing performance.

@jaykesharwani9 I assume something is draining the CPU, maybe its a bug somewhere, an update in the background or A11 is doing some battery saving bs, I'll check geekbench myself and see what my result is to see if A11 is the culprit or if it's something from your end.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/178467#Comment_178467

No, the topic creators concern is valid. He is NOT comparing it to other devices, he is comparing it to same SD 865 devices, which is a valid way of testing performance.

@jaykesharwani9 I assume something is draining the CPU, maybe its a bug somewhere, an update in the background or A11 is doing some battery saving bs, I'll check geekbench myself and see what my result is to see if A11 is the culprit or if it's something from your end.

View post
I don't really trust geekbench after what I've saw,but since he is comparing to A10 Rog 3 only,then his concern is indeed valid,my guess that A11 is messed up with it is also valid but since it hasn't arrived yet I can't confirm

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jaykesharwani9

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Android 11 didn't fix color banding/black crush and also performance is decreased in terms of benchmark score that's not noticeable. However why it scored less in geekbench5?

screenshot-20210727-132014906.jpg

Updated A11 fota getting low score in geekbench5
yeah its clealry something on your system.
screenshot-20210727-175906250.jpg

Either find the culprit or factory reset.

BPM
Rising Star II
I just tested, as well, and got higher marks than Danish. Unlike him, my phone is completely stock, no custom kernel.
screenshot-20210727-093309401.png
For the sake of testing, I did another run with X Mode off. I got a lower single-core score than OP (which was expected), but a higher multi-core score (which was not expected).
screenshot-20210727-093821080.png
This says to me that something is running on your phone to get lower scores even with X Mode on.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
BPM

I just tested, as well, and got higher marks than Danish. Unlike him, my phone is completely stock, no custom kernel.

screenshot-20210727-093309401.png

For the sake of testing, I did another run with X Mode off. I got a lower single-core score than OP (which was expected), but a higher multi-core score (which was not expected).

screenshot-20210727-093821080.png

This says to me that something is running on your phone to get lower scores even with X Mode on.

View post
Welp, i didnt even realize xmode doesnt turn on automaticly on geekbench, interesting.