This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install Asus File Manager app on Android?

BrunoC
Star I
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question, but I've been searching all day for an answer.
I use Asus File Manager on my Pixel 2 under Android 11. I installed it from Google Play Store in 2018. I want to install it on my wife's Pixel 2 but it's no longer available on Google Play Store.
My version is 2.0.0.397_180123.
I have seen that there are many newer versions and available from various sites, but I don't know what is safe to install.
Why is it no longer available on Google Play Store?
Where is the proper place to get the app?
Are newer versions good on non-Asus phones?
Thanks to all.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aryan202
Community Legend I
BrunoC

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question, but I've been searching all day for an answer.

I use Asus File Manager on my Pixel 2 under Android 11. I installed it from Google Play Store in 2018. I want to install it on my wife's Pixel 2 but it's no longer available on Google Play Store.

I have seen that there are many newer versions and available from various sites, but I don't know what is safe to install.

Thanks to all.

You can install it from a trusted third party site like apk mirror

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
BrunoC

Thanks to all.

@BrunoC
For Asus File Manager, there will no longer be any maintenance, so you could not find it in Google play store. Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. Thank you for your understanding and support.

BrunoC
Star I
I've seen on multiple sites a number of versions including very recent updates, the latest being 2.6.0.41_210312. So it does look like there is still development, or at least a lot since the last version installed from Google Play Store which is three years old.
I have also seen this app being reviewed as a top file manager app for Android in recent online reviews.
Is there an answer to my other questions...
is there a safe site from which it can be downloaded and installed?
is there anything to preclude it running on a Pixel 2 with Android 11?

Falcon_ASUS
BrunoC

I've seen on multiple sites a number of versions including very recent updates, the latest being 2.6.0.41_210312. So it does look like there is still development, or at least a lot since the last version installed from Google Play Store which is three years old.

I have also seen this app being reviewed as a top file manager app for Android in recent online reviews.

Is there an answer to my other questions...

is there a safe site from which it can be downloaded and installed?

is there anything to preclude it running on a Pixel 2 with Android 11?

View post
@BrunoC
As far as I know, it is indeed not maintained. We cannot guarantee the reliability of Asus File Manager's apk on other websites , and also cannot guarantee the stability of the installation on Andoird 11 with you. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
You can download it from any sites you want
It's safe