Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail issue with displaying notifications

ze_resende
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: Android 11; 30.41.69.78 (Latest)
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Gmail 2021.07.11.383748829.Release
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Every time anyone sends me an important e-mail, I don't get any notification. This is only happening with Gmail, other mail apps such as Outlook are displaying notifications fine. I've did everything I could think off such as enabling all the notifications on the Gmail app, made sure the auto-sync was enabled on my phone for my Gmail account, I've even disabled the battery optimization for Gmail. When I grab the other phone (Huawei P40 Lite) that I have, every notification from Gmail displays so I'm sure this could only possible be of ZenFone 7 Pro where the notifications do pop up but only when I open the app and refresh it. I've also did a data factory reset recently and it didn't change anything.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
check this thread:
fear_dot_com_2000

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.

It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.

Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!

A11 major problems with Gmail notifications

teegee
Star III
Welcome to the club... Don't expect a quick fix.

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
I don't get it why opening a new thread for the same issue?!....

ze_resende
Star III
fear_dot_com_2000

I don't get it why opening a new thread for the same issue?!....

View post
I didn't know there was one before and also as more people we are experiencing this issue, more chances it has to get fixed.