Star III
System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 19043.1110
Battery or AC: N/A
Model: ZenBook 14 UX425EA
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: Used system restore to fix the issue
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:There is a bug with the SmartConnect setting, when I turn it on sometimes the WiFi would randomly disconnect for one second and then connect again. If I manually disconnect, even with connect automatically disabled for the network it connects back to the WiFi without doing anything.
I was unable to turn SmartConnect off as when I went back into the MyASUS app to turn it off the SmartConnect setting wasn't there. On the homepage the option was there but when I click it, it takes me to the customization page where it isn't there. I didn't know how to reset the MyASUS settings as reinstalling the system control interface driver doesn't reset to default settings, so the only way I found around this was to use System Restore and revert it to a time when I didn't enable it. Now my WiFi issues are fixed and the setting reappeared in the customization page in the MyASUS app.
Please fix this issue, I am using all the latest drivers and versions at the time of this writing.
19 REPLIES 19

XMarksTheSpot
Star III
@Falcon_ASUS any update about this?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
What is your BIOS version and ASUS System control interface V3 version?
Thank you.

XMarksTheSpot
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

What is your BIOS version and ASUS System control interface V3 version?

Thank you.

View post
BIOS version 307
ASUS System Control Interface v3.0.10.30

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
nekomimiparadise

I have the same problem, except I do not have a system restore point, so I am stuck with it permanently on without any option to turn it off.

asus-smartconnect.png

View post
Hi there,
May I know which model you have?
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ahnafm,
After confirming with related team, please kindly understand that auto connection is normal when smart connect is enabled.
The issue of not able to disable smart connect will be fixed in the next version of APP and driver.
I will keep you updated.
Thank you.