TestUser
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 7
Firmware Version: 29.13.7.47
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I recently bought a new Asus Zenfone 7, and i am quite happy with it. I only charged the phone twice, and activated the slow charging function and set the charging limit to 80%, but the charging speed seems very high. I plugged in my phone at 15% and it was loaded after 1h 10min at 85%. I am a little bit confused, because the charging speed seems to fast to me, and the 80% limit was also ignored.

Should I update my phone, because I looked in the changelogs of the updates and none of them does mention a change in the charging behaviour? Is it a common error?
3 REPLIES 3

homingyan0
Star I
You could update to 29.14.53.23 firmware and wait for the android 12 for next update. I use lg v20 charger it uses 9volt 1.8amps.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
TestUser

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone 7
  2. Firmware Version: 29.13.7.47
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: once
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I recently bought a new Asus Zenfone 7, and i am quite happy with it. I only charged the phone twice, and activated the slow charging function and set the charging limit to 80%, but the charging speed seems very high. I plugged in my phone at 15% and it was loaded after 1h 10min at 85%. I am a little bit confused, because the charging speed seems to fast to me, and the 80% limit was also ignored.

Should I update my phone, because I looked in the changelogs of the updates and none of them does mention a change in the charging behaviour? Is it a common error?

Slow Charging not working
Have you tried a simple reset?

TestUser
Star I
Hi,

homingyan0

You could update to 29.14.53.23 firmware and wait for the android 12 for next update. I use lg v20 charger it uses 9volt 1.8amps.

View post
Yes I updated the device to the last A10 update. I see np difference in the behaviour. I actually wanted to prevent to use another charger, but does anybody know, if the charger can be a simple 5V/2A charger, without USB-PD?.

Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51052/slow-charging-not-working

Have you tried a simple reset?

View post
Could you tell me, how to apply it. I only find the function for a hard reset?