cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 MMS Issue - Can't download/view images in Messages app

flameimperishab
Star II
Hi,
I cannot seem to view MMS images in the Messages app on my new Zenfone 8. I checked my APN settings and they all seem correct. I know I have received the MMS as there is a a "Download" button for the message but when I press it nothing happens. Is this a known issue withthe Zenfone 8 and is there a fix or workaround as it is very annoying.
Thanks.
29 REPLIES 29

gmjose
Star I
Hi.
I have put a boost mobile sim in phone and was able to send receive photos with asus. Put amaysim Optus sim in my samsung s21 and had same issues. Must be in APN settings. Amaysim have not been able to resolve settings.

gmjose
Star I
Today I am going to swap over to telstra plan. If that doesn't resolve it then I will be selling the phone.

gregja
Star I
Same issue here with Catchconnect, another Optus MVNO. Telstra sim in other slot works fine, even when they're swapped around.

ravinderkk
Star II
Hey Guys has anyone actually logged a written ticket or request to ASUS Support? If yes what was their response & their ticket no if you have one as I am planning to escalate the issue to ASUS and depending on the response either we can get a refund from (Coles, Catch, Aldi or other MVNO's operated by Optus) or get the phone selling resellers to refund the device cost ($999 AUD)

Zenson
Star I
Had a software update today. Can now send and receive MMS on Optus (with Exetel).