AlexS97
Star III

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: Last one
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi! I just switched from an asus zenfone 5z (snapdragon 845) to an asus zenfone 7 pro (snapdragon 865+) and the performance in games is very poor compared to 5z. I tested and the processor frequency never exceeds 2ghz. The frequency in games is as follows: core 0-3: 1.3-1.8ghz, core 4-6: 1.7ghz, core 7 1.6ghz. So the processor never stays at its maximum capacity. 5z was always at 2.8ghz, even at 70-80°, but zenfone 7 never exceeds 45-50 ° and still stays at low frequency. Also at the first antutu or geekbench test I was scared, because it took 500k antutu points and 500 single core points in the geekbench, extremely bad for what sd865+ can do. And when I actually sat with the phone in my hand next to the fan to cool it, it performed correctly (690k). I don't know if it's from the new android 11 update, but it doesn't seem normal to me that at such a low temperature the processor becomes weaker than an 845. So it doesn't heat up and it still decreases its frequency extremely much. It is impossible not to reach these temperatures, it reaches 50 degrees when you open an application, so how can it underclock like that?
cpu-freq-most-of-the-time.png
screenshot-20210707-185739037.png
2.png
For a very short time it ran at normal frequencies. 3.1ghz on the last core and 2.4 on the 4-6 cores (60-80 fps) But then its frequency decreased again and the fps decreased a lot (20 fps)
3-09-ghz-10-sec.png
it-stayed-for-10-sec.png
The phone was put into performance mode.
I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance!

10 REPLIES 10

CVonC
Rising Star II
This is a significant issue that's being ignored as usual.

AlexS97
Star III
CVonC

This is a significant issue that's being ignored as usual.

View post
it's not ok at all, you practically can't use this phone in applications that require the processor. I also have a xiaomi mi 9 with snapdragon 855 and it runs much better in any game / long-term benchmark tests and mi 9 was 2 times cheaper than Zenfone 7 Pro. I really hope this will be solved

kr0mka
Rising Star I
So I guess Asus went quiet and we won't receive any official response regarding this? Same thing with the notification issue, no updates after all the logs we sent.

AlexS97
Star III
screenshot-20210725-130718917.png
screenshot-20210725-175656896.png
this is the zenfone 7 pro in throttle test.

CVonC
Rising Star II
It's like as if you're expecting a response lol... These guys are a joke tbh.