System: Zenbook ux434flc
Battery or AC: both
Model: ux434flc
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Long press power button does not shut down the system.
Had frozen system with balck screen with light emitting and unable to do anything other than let the system discharge completely. and after restarting the time is off than the actual time(froze at some time during this process)
3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Anshid
  1. System: Zenbook ux434flc
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: ux434flc
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Long press power button does not shut down the system.

Had frozen system with balck screen with light emitting and unable to do anything other than let the system discharge completely. and after restarting the time is off than the actual time(froze at some time during this process)

long press power button not shutting down laptop
that means some of the windows system services either corrupted or system services has been blocked by third party programs.
Next time , boot into safemode if possible by going into recovery mode , then click on startup settings , then safemode.
after logging into windows, do the previous working system restore point.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Please kindly bring your device to our service center for a complete checking.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

Please kindly bring your device to our service center for a complete checking.

Thank you.

View post
Hii @Blake_ASUS ,
Same issue was faced by me too. I observed this on very first day when i bought ASUS ZENBOOK PRO DUO 14 2021 i5, 16GB RAM, 512 SSD.
So I asked For replacement -> On onsite Service Engineer found no hardware and software defects. Still Issue was there. So he issued DOA Certificate. I am listing out what exactly happens and also i found a trick to get back access to pc if happens.
In fact I think Its A BUG and it should be Resolved soon
Here Is the Issue :
System works Fine if Both Screens are Enable.
But, if You disable secondary screen by pressing button on keyboard. But now if you will try to shutdown, it will never gonna happen. LEDS will blink and system will be on unless battery drains.
This issue also arise when secondary screen is off and if you don't have screensaver , black screen will be visible and if you will try to wake pc by pressing any key on universe, pc will never wake.

Further if we force shutdown, and when we BOOT Laptop again, IT will freeze on Login screen or somewhere.
I found a temporary solution to this, either never disable secondary screen or else if u did and landed in this issue, as soon as you boot pc and after branding logo disappear and before windows login screen displays randomly press power key 10-12 times and let display off. wait for a while and press power key once again. This worked for me always, and doing this your laptop will not freeze this time. As soon as you are logging in immediately enable secondary display. And issue will not happen again.
Conclusion that I draw from observation is that there is issue with some Secondary display which is cause of this issue. Either this issue was with that particular piece or might be with all, but none discovered. As my replaced product is yet to arrive, I am not sure now. Once It will Arrive, I will confirm That is the issue with all Laptop of series or just with some defective models.
THANKYOU.