waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: latest .86
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I recently created a thread praising the .86 Update which for the most part is excellent but I've seen a couple of bugs.
First bug is the notification LED is not working. It used to flash green while screen was off if I had a missed call, text or notification. Now it doesn't flash at all. It only lights up when the phone is on charge (Red for charging & Green for fully charged).
Second bug is that Kernel Android OS seems to be keeping the phone awake which results in losing battery while phone is on standby. I used to lose maximum 1% over 9 hours, now it's losing around 3% while on standby. I use Gsam battery monitor to check for wakelocks and it seems that Kernel Android OS is keeping it awake (I've attached screenshot).
Overall, battery life is the slightly worse especially when phone is on standby (when screen is off) it isn't as good as before.
Hopefully the developers can look into this Wakelock of kernel Android OS along with the other wakelocks I've shown photos of. Android system also seems to have a load of wakelocks which in turn don't let the phone enter deep sleep which results in battery loss.
Last but not least, the volume of speakers is slightly lower than before. I know people have said that it's necessary to have the depth back of the speakers, but, if anyone remembers bow the speakers were when the phone was first released & how the speakers were before the .56 update, it's possible that Asus team can make the speakers exactly like that. Infact, to make it very simple, just restore the speakers to exactly how they were when the phone first came out.

Thanks 👍
@Gustav_ASUS
@ARP_ASUS
@Kris_ASUS
@Anders_ASUS
14 REPLIES 14

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hello,
Same observation, I noticed a little more loss of battery, both in use and in standby. (but I did not do any calibration after the update)
The non-functioning of the led is the most critical point for me, it is one of the reason for the purchase of this phone, to be able to play outside in full screen while being warned of a call / sms by the led
This Led with 3 colors, red, blue and orange yellow, being able to use all three as well as adjust the frequency would be a plus.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
At this point I would suggest to start to question updates and never praise anything before testing it for a week.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

Hello,

Same observation, I noticed a little more loss of battery, both in use and in standby. (but I did not do any calibration after the update)

The non-functioning of the led is the most critical point for me, it is one of the reason for the purchase of this phone, to be able to play outside in full screen while being warned of a call / sms by the led

This Led with 3 colors, red, blue and orange yellow, being able to use all three as well as adjust the frequency would be a plus.

View post
How is more battery loss even possible?!
Can you show a screenshot?

waxy78611
Zen Master I
FunBike31

Hello,

View post
Okay quick update, the led notification works if I have a missed call, but trying to fix it for texts