No 5g option on ROG 5 very strange ...

erwin_yulius
Star II

Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2105.90
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I can`t find 5g option on my phone. It is very strange.
img-20210719-wa0008.jpg
screenshot-20210719-153520359.jpg

Have try to serach new firmware but it seems to be the update firmware now. Please help me to fix it.

29 REPLIES 29

erwin_yulius
Star II
Trying to check update but no update until now. Have ask the call centre and said it is still locked but why no option 5g in the setting.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
New update firwmare , re check system
image.png
this latest firmware supports new operators for 5G
you may have to manually activate 5G from your account if it was subscribed before 5G as I had to do for mine
image.png

Android
Rising Star I
Not having 5G option shouldn't be strange because ASUS honestly needs to step up their game when it comes to making their phones fully compatible with the carriers in regions they are selling their devices.
ASUS should be prioritizing network compatibility in regions they are selling their phones. VoLTE, lack of network bands, and 5G compatibility with carriers needs to be addressed.
Consider voting and commenting in this thread so that ASUS may recognize it as a problem:
Android

ASUS needs to make it so that the ROG Phone series is fully compatible with the carriers and networks in regions that they are selling it. The forums have mostly been flooded with demands of VoLTE and in some cases requests for 5G to be enabled in their region. It's the same requests and issues being reported time and time again.

The ROG Phone is first and foremost a phone and it isn't a wise idea to purchase a phone that plays games well but have calls that drop or have trouble receiving messages because it is missing some kind of approval from the carriers or because carriers don't like how the phone doesn't have the bands to support such features. I would've really liked to purchase the ROG Phone 5 but I'm very hesitant because I've read from people here that they have trouble connecting to 5G and VoLTE on T-Mobile.

PLEASE WORK WITH CARRIERS! If it's a money issue then allocate resources from other things into making sure that the ROG Phone meets basic standards expected of phones in 2021.

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

On a side note so I don't have to make another thread about it (especially since I don't think it should even be prioritized), I just want to say that I like how the ROG Phone 5 has theme packs. I think it would be cool to have a Gundam theme pack since ASUS has done a Gundam collaboration recently and released Gundam branded ROG PC components. NieR theme pack would be a cool one too but it's a little niche. But if licensed theme packs can't be done then a cool original mecha theme pack would also be awesome.

Full Carrier Support and Network Compatibility (5G, VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc.) should be #1 Priority

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hello,
Objectively, should taking 5G into account be a priority in 2021, the answer is what should be prioritized for operators who have really deployed 5G in their countries, but even in this case, the coverage is still very broad. insufficient and smartphones spend their time looking for 5G by devouring batteries to finally use 4G / 4G +
US example: all operators except T-Mobile
Is it necessary to take into account 5G for operators other than T-Mobile? If the others offer 5G, it is deception and obvious theft.
Voila, look at your country and who really offer 5G, there yes, you can insist and demand 5G from the manufacturer of your smartphone.
Escuser my English, French translated with Google 😞
You need to stay a bit longer before you can post any links.
I can not post a link yet, I put in picture, sorry
image.png

erwin_yulius
Star II
FunBike31

New update firwmare , re check system

image.png

this latest firmware supports new operators for 5G

you may have to manually activate 5G from your account if it was subscribed before 5G as I had to do for mine

image.png

View post
Have manually update the firmware but the 5g option still not exist.