Star I
System: Windows 10 x64 Pro
Battery or AC: Both
Model: FA506IV
Frequency of occurrence: after 4-5 hours
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: Attached
========================
Detailed description:After running my system for 4-5 hours any video/audio application is suffeering from stuttering every couple of seconds. Video and audio stutters. Does not matter if it is an on-line video / audio combination or a video / audio played using for VLC.
The stutter goes away after rebooting the system but it comes back after 4-5 hours.
It is a huge problem because it makes impossible to use the laptop for Business Calls using Teams because there is no warranty that the next call will not suffer from audio / video stuttering issue.
Tried to change the drivers for NVIDIA and AMD cards and the AMD Chipset but it did not help. Bios is updated to the latest available version.
If anyone can help I would be gratefull.
7 REPLIES 7

kubiasty
Star I
Hi, I'm afraid I was only able to delay the symptoms.
I've installed the latest driver from AMD but still the problem occurs.
The difference is, that it takes longer to appear.

sstangggg
Star II
Thank you. Actually my issue is different from yours. My laptop only stuttering accompanied with audio buzzing for like 1~2 seconds then everything becomes normal which doesn't require reboot.

kubiasty
Star I
Well for anyone trying to find a workaround the only one I found is forcing the external GPU to do heavy lifting instead of the integrated one. You have change it in Windows. You can get there by Nvidia Control Panel.
There will be a notification saying that the GPU is managed by the System and there will be a link to the settings where You can force Nvidia GPU instead of the AMD one.
I used this setting on my Opera GX and the problem does not appear anymore.
Strange thing is that I've tried to use my Integrated AMD GPU after a whole day on the NVIDIA one an the problem did not appear. I tried running Chrome on the integrated GPU while running Opera GX on the Nvidia GPU. Neither had any problems play video/audio combinations.