cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8 Telenor NO

svein_vidar
Star I
Hi
What's the status on VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8 in Norway (Telenor)?
29 REPLIES 29

joerund
Star III
Yes - I cant understand why this is not yet implemented. Seriously - its the largest provider in norway and a global actor in the telecom industry. If this still hasnt been implemented someone at Asus is not doing their job.

frode_nesvold
Star III
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176157#Comment_176157

ASUS loads the mbn settings , which we need to receive from Telenor.

There is no such thing as "we just do it".

We can use a default set of mbn and IMS settings for Telenor - but the chance of issues is very high.

As such operators and device manufacturers generally cowork together to ensure stability - we've done it with Telia, Tele2, Ice, Hi3G and coming up Elisa.

Telenor would not be different. Telenor's customer service agent may not have all the background information.

That being said, we are actively working towards this goal with them - the timeline however is very unsure.

View post
Good.
l'll gladly test out default VoLTE settings for Asus in Norway on Telenor.
Send a test build and I'll have a go.

joerund
Star III
I have also been in contact with Telenor on this issue, and they make it clear that ASUS is not interested in communicating this. To be honest, the telenor representative I was in touch with made it fairly clear that ASUS is not really interested in communicating and coordinating together with Telenor to deliver this service. Lesson is clearly: Want services that should be implementing in any phone in 2021, purchase a brand that can deliver on its product and is interested in giving a good user experience.
Live and learn. Buy a phone from an established company in the cellphone industry.

frode_nesvold
Star III
joerund

I have also been in contact with Telenor on this issue, and they make it clear that ASUS is not interested in communicating this. To be honest, the telenor representative I was in touch with made it fairly clear that ASUS is not really interested in communicating and coordinating together with Telenor to deliver this service. Lesson is clearly: Want services that should be implementing in any phone in 2021, purchase a brand that can deliver on its product and is interested in giving a good user experience.

Live and learn. Buy a phone from an established company in the cellphone industry.

View post
Yes, learned today that Asus does not have an agreement with Telenor to activate/enable VoLTE. Telenor is willing but waiting for Asus to take first step (to Tango).

joerund
Star III
If ASUS wants to get a footing in the Nordic countries it needs to step up the game and behave more professionally. This thing might fly in other countries, but the Telenor representative I spoke to seemed unwilling to even recommend ASUS phones. Not sure if this is because the people representing the brand in Norway are doing a poor job/are unprofessional or that there simply is no focus on the region from ASUS' perspective. Either way, OnePlus and other smaller brands have done right by its Nordic customers and the telecom industry here, This means it should be possible for ASUS to do something as well. Unlucky for us who bought the phone, this seems to not be the case.