This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speed in wifi

Dharun_raj
Star II
When i connect my asus rog phone 5 to my wifi, downlaod speed is not crossing more than 4 mbps but my upload speed is crossing 50 mbps. I have connected other mobiles to the same network they are reaching 50+ mbps for both download and upload. Then i have connected my laptop to same network via ethernet and created a hotspot ,when i connected my rog 5 to this hotspot network i don't see any issues with downlaod speed.

Kindly let me know if someone knows the solution for this issue.
9 REPLIES 9

Blukutuxxx
Star I
Dharun raj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173653#Comment_173653

I'm having a 2.4 GHz router, can you kindly share me the complete settings for the router to fix this issue.

View post
Just login to your router system, go to wlan setting and change the channel bandwith from Auto 20/40MHz to 20MHz

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Dharun raj

When i connect my asus rog phone 5 to my wifi, downlaod speed is not crossing more than 4 mbps but my upload speed is crossing 50 mbps. I have connected other mobiles to the same network they are reaching 50+ mbps for both download and upload. Then i have connected my laptop to same network via ethernet and created a hotspot ,when i connected my rog 5 to this hotspot network i don't see any issues with downlaod speed.

Kindly let me know if someone knows the solution for this issue.

Slow download speed in wifi
It's hard to know if your ROG 5 doesn't like your router or if it's the other way around, but it's obvious that there are some compatibility issues. Maybe this is a software bug or maybe you just need to change some settings

Dharun_raj
Star II
I have changed my channel width from auto to 20MHz like suggested above. This fixed this issue. I guess there is a software bug in rog 5.

BLACKPANDA
Star I
I do have the same issue..

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Dear all i have explained it earlier also in some other thread that WiFi speed doesn't only depend on the phone but several other factors in your surroundings. As of Rog 5 since the 1st firmware packed with the phone,the phone did not have any WiFi speed issues like in Rog 3(which has been also fixed). You may tweak the router settings and check out some other videos that may give you the full potential of your WiFi speed. Even with the latest firmware .86 i have noticed no change in speed with my 75mbps speeds which i get constant.