This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 2 doesn't differentiate 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

mr_strange
Rising Star II
My Rog phone 2 is connecting to 2.4Ghz bandwidth instead of 5Ghz . Can't the phone differentiate between 2.4 and 5Ghz? A 10k Mi note 5 pro is able to connect to 5ghz and my Oneplus 5t is able to connect. Why can't this gaming phone with 4 WiFi antennas connect to the fastest one?
I use 2.4 in my room as the router is in my hall and 5GHz doesn't have coverage in my room. But when I come to hall and turnoff wifi and turn it on, it still connects to 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz.

20 REPLIES 20

mr_strange
Rising Star II
Vableme

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/174738#Comment_174738

It seems like you don't know how signals work i guess? If you are in front of a router, the other one of course will be further away (doesn't it?). Since THE phone prioritize more stable connection it decides to connect to the one that it think it is better to be connected. And, a phone will connect to a wifi that is mainly used more.

It's like talking to a fish trying to ask their name.

View post
Lol i guess you don't know english to understand my statement! It's not about connecting to the one more stable, the phone just Doesn't recognize the new bandwidth, whatever it may be 2.4GHz or 5GHz. And i use 5GHz more. And it seems like you don't even have the patience to read all my comments and simply reply as a way of mocking others! I said that my Oneplus and MI note 5 pro connects to the one fastest one whereas my ROG doesn't. If you can't tell a solution, don't try to be a wannabe mod and mock others!

junxianjj
Star I
its still cool you can connect to 5Ghz , while mine cannot . keep connecting and disconnecting loop when im trying to connect to 5Ghz. a year has passed and still no solution from mod or anyone..

ronald1985
Community Legend I
junxianjj

its still cool you can connect to 5Ghz , while mine cannot . keep connecting and disconnecting loop when im trying to connect to 5Ghz. a year has passed and still no solution from mod or anyone..

View post
Try changing router settings to be different channel. Likewise, re-input your WiFi password.
I can connect to 5Ghz no problem.

junxianjj
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176947#Comment_176947

Try changing router settings to be different channel. Likewise, re-input your WiFi password.

I can connect to 5Ghz no problem.

View post
im already changing to every channel but nothing works..my other cheap phone work for 5Ghz but rog phone 2 cannot . i tried every method i saw on this forum and still failed to connect to 5ghz. maybe i received faulty product ? so sad ..

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
mr.strange

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/174256#Comment_174256

5GHz isn't better? Wow. I couldn't get more than 62 mbps in 2.4GHz whereas i get 380 mbps in 5GHz. I don't understand how it isn't better! And for your information, other phones I have connect to 5GHz when i turn off and turn on wifi again. Whereas my ROG 2 doesn't. So I think something's wrong here

View post
2.4ghz is capable up to around 130mps (theoretical 150mps)
Do both wifi networks have the same name? or are they different?