Star II
Hello Everyone,
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.56
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Perpetual
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I got my ROG Phone 5 a couple of days ago from the authorized dealer Flipkart in India.
The battery life is abysmally low for 6000 mah, especially considering i barely played any games or used the phone for any performance demanding task. Would appreciate prompt response, if it turns out to be a genuine issue with phone i still have about 32 hours left to get a refund/replacement from flipkart.
screenshot-20210719-214638459.jpg
screenshot-20210719-214655208.jpg
Most Concerning : How is it that Android System, Ambient Display, Phone Idle, Mobile Network Standby have such high battery drain ?
1) Phone is set to dynamic mode. And mostly used with 5ghz wifi signal for data needs.
2) Location is always turned off unless specifically allowed for a couple of apps.
3) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning is off.
4) 5G is disabled, and phone data is forced off ie not allowed to remain always enabled, in developer options.
5) Using 2 Sims, 1 - 3G and 1 - 4G.
6) have tried charging from 0 to 100 as well as a factory reset.
7) Charging the battery with asus bundled 30 watt fast charger.
😎 Screen brightness is set to adaptive but the phone has been exclusively used indoors.
9) Refresh rate for the display is set to auto.
10) Most commonly used apps are facebook, whatsapp, chrome, youtube, spotify, zomato.
Kindly assist, i really like the phone otherwise but this battery life is unacceptable 😞

Regards, Gaurav

17 REPLIES 17

PinkFires
Rising Star I
ghost_z

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177162#Comment_177162

After doing this there is some improvement in battery life.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177304#Comment_177304

I guess this makes sense too, i will use the phone for a week or 2 and see how it goes. At the moment, i have decided to keep the phone since everything else is brilliant and i doubt there is another phone that can provide me all these key USPs it has.

View post
Yeah I honestly think we just have to be patient for an update, because ASUS absolutely knows this is a major selling point and they need it to actually correspond to the hype. I'm sure they'll look into it ASAP considering so many people have complained about it.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ghost_z,
Let me know if you need any further assistance here.

ghost_z
Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi ghost_z,

Let me know if you need any further assistance here.

View post
Hey @ARP_ASUS,
There is some improvement in battery life post recalibration. Right now i am using it as usual and waiting for a week or 2 to pass before i check the battery performance and sot again.
Will post about it then, and tag you if need further assistance.
TY