cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

front camera with 3rd parties apps

rejetto
Star III
Dear Asus,
I noticed the front camera when used with other apps has a serious "focus" problem.
While this can be acceptable (although disappointing) for casual shots on whatsapp,
it happened to be a serious problem when using an app for government requirements and i could not take a picture where both my face and my ID card were in focus.
I would have switched camera if I could, but the app didn't support that.
My filing was rejected.
Should I just blame these apps or do you think there's a chance of improving on this?
Thanks for your attention
5 REPLIES 5

off2fly115
Rising Star II
rejetto

Dear Asus,

I noticed the front camera when used with other apps has a serious "focus" problem.

While this can be acceptable (although disappointing) for casual shots on whatsapp,

it happened to be a serious problem when using an app for government requirements and i could not take a picture where both my face and my ID card were in focus.

My filing was rejected.

Should I just blame these apps or do you think there's a chance of improving on this?

For real. I had the same exact issue. Hopefully they can improve the focus and color accuracy of the front camera for third party apps!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
rejetto

Dear Asus,

My filing was rejected.

This is completely out of ASUS's control. It's best you file a complaint to the developers who made the application, as they are the only one who can fix this problem.

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50890/front-camera-with-3rd-parties-apps

This is completely out of ASUS's control. It's best you file a complaint to the developers who made the application, as they are the only one who can fix this problem.

View post
Not true. Focusing and Mic issues for third party apps are not a problem because of a developer, it is something that Asus can fix themselves. I know this because I used to have a focus and Mic problem on my Zenfone 6 then I made a post about it on the forums and Asus replied and was able to fix it. 👍🏼

Kris_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager
off2fly115

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177527#Comment_177527

Not true. Focusing and Mic issues for third party apps are not a problem because of a developer, it is something that Asus can fix themselves. I know this because I used to have a focus and Mic problem on my Zenfone 6 then I made a post about it on the forums and Asus replied and was able to fix it. 👍🏼

View post
Hi @off2fly115
Could you tell me which app you refer to?
We'll test it right away.