This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone randomly restarting again even after I C replacement

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
It's Been 2 months since I've got my MB replaced ,during that replacement the service center guy did something with RGB light as I couldn't get it on again for which I need visit the service center ,Now after since the last 10 days ,my phone it's retarting randonly again for once in every 6 to 7 hours and even while playing battlegrounds Mobile India fps going down to even 18 frames and phone is becoming so hot that I cannot even hold it ,temps are ranging from 48 to 49 even in cool climate
To be frank I feel this phone isn't built to handle the usage of a gamer
Coming to the speakers there is so much distortion in the speakers and sound from them has gone down pretty bad
Now what should I do for my restarts and RGB not turning on ,any help
I have been facing many restarts from the last week
@ARP_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Anders@Anders_ASUS
22 REPLIES 22

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
anjubunny123

It's Been 2 months since I've got my MB replaced ,during that replacement the service center guy did something with RGB light as I couldn't get it on again for which I need visit the service center ,Now after since the last 10 days ,my phone it's retarting randonly again for once in every 6 to 7 hours and even while playing battlegrounds Mobile India fps going down to even 18 frames and phone is becoming so hot that I cannot even hold it ,temps are ranging from 48 to 49 even in cool climate

To be frank I feel this phone isn't built to handle the usage of a gamer

Coming to the speakers there is so much distortion in the speakers and sound from them has gone down pretty bad

Now what should I do for my restarts and RGB not turning on ,any help

I have been facing many restarts from the last week

@ARP_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Anders@Anders_ASUS

Phone randomly restarting again even after I C replacement
Only the rog3 (and maybe rog1, not sure) have sufficient cooling of all the rog phones out there. Both the rog2 and Rog5 do not sufficiently cool down their components when under heavy load.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ-M2WWf2e0
Here is a teardown showing you that on the rog2 the back vent is fake.
as for your issue, was your data still on the phone or was it all gone? If its the latter then they didnt replace the IC but instead gave you another logicboard which probably had a worn power IC as well.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Anuj,
Really sorry for the experience but be rest assured, you are a part of the ASUS ROG Community. I am happy you decided to go with ROG Phone over others.
I already have your details I am sharing the same with the service team. Expect a call from them. If you face any challenges please DM me on the same.

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50758/phone-randomly-restarting-again-even-after-i-c-replacem...

Only the rog3 (and maybe rog1, not sure) have sufficient cooling of all the rog phones out there. Both the rog2 and Rog5 do not sufficiently cool down their components when under heavy load.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ-M2WWf2e0

Here is a teardown showing you that on the rog2 the back vent is fake.

as for your issue, was your data still on the phone or was it all gone? If its the latter then they didnt replace the IC but instead gave you another logicboard which probably had a worn power IC as well.

View post
All my data was wiped out,and in the beggining ,thermals were not too hot and no restarts, but later this month restarts have started. Again and temprature Is going upto 49 even while playing BGMI in cool conditions

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
anjubunny123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177118#Comment_177118

All my data was wiped out,and in the beggining ,thermals were not too hot and no restarts, but later this month restarts have started. Again and temprature Is going upto 49 even while playing BGMI in cool conditions

View post
Same thing dude. And we definitely f***ed from what I am seeing. I had the same issue had the MB replaced few months ago and just like you my data was wiped. If what DanishBlunt is saying is true then what these service centre guys did was lie to us. My phone just died yesterday. its been 24 hrs and it is as good as brick rn. As for me I wasnt as lucky as you and instead of getting restarts my phone is completely DEAD.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi Anuj,

Really sorry for the experience but be rest assured, you are a part of the ASUS ROG Community. I am happy you decided to go with ROG Phone over others.

I already have your details I am sharing the same with the service team. Expect a call from them. If you face any challenges please DM me on the same.

View post
Hi ARP_ASUS
I had the same issue. Had my MB replaced in November of 2020. Back then they made me wait for 40 days and today I find out that I have been scammed. How is this even justifiable. I had the MB replaced which again was not my fault to begin with. Purchased in January of 2020, not even 2 years and the phone has died TWICE. Sorry to say but that is pretty bad and even you would agree with me. A phone dying twice within a span of 1.5 years is simply not justifiable. Well I was lucky the first time because I had warranty. Infact I trusted the company, the service center and turns out they haven't actually fixed anything. What am I supposed to do now??