Horrible SOT and battery life on ROG Phone 5
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: ROG Phone 5
- Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.56
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence: Perpetual
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
I got my ROG Phone 5 a couple of days ago from the authorized dealer Flipkart in India.
The battery life is abysmally low for 6000 mah, especially considering i barely played any games or used the phone for any performance demanding task. Would appreciate prompt response, if it turns out to be a genuine issue with phone i still have about 32 hours left to get a refund/replacement from flipkart.
Most Concerning : How is it that Android System, Ambient Display, Phone Idle, Mobile Network Standby have such high battery drain ?
1) Phone is set to dynamic mode. And mostly used with 5ghz wifi signal for data needs.
2) Location is always turned off unless specifically allowed for a couple of apps.
3) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning is off.
4) 5G is disabled, and phone data is forced off ie not allowed to remain always enabled, in developer options.
5) Using 2 Sims, 1 - 3G and 1 - 4G.
6) have tried charging from 0 to 100 as well as a factory reset.
7) Charging the battery with asus bundled 30 watt fast charger.
8) Screen brightness is set to adaptive but the phone has been exclusively used indoors.
9) Refresh rate for the display is set to auto.
10) Most commonly used apps are facebook, whatsapp, chrome, youtube, spotify, zomato.
Kindly assist, i really like the phone otherwise but this battery life is unacceptable :(