cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG 3 - Android 11 ETA

ZT-71508606
Star III
Model Name: ZS661KS-6A006IN | Firmware Version: 17.0823.2104.147

Recently bought the phone to enjoy my games, but looks like all the users are awaiting for the Android 11 upgrade for a very long time.
I previously owned Pixel 4, which drags me further down (from 12 to 10), I badly request the admin and moderators to share the official ETA of Android 11 upgrade. With such huge fanbase and great phone hardware in our hands, its really frustrating to stay with old generation of SW.

Waiting for a positive response! 🤞
110 REPLIES 110

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177062#Comment_177062

let me get this straight, you don't want bugs, but you want the beta updates.

Brainac detected.

View post
I want stable update as soon as possible along with bug fixes like display issues, vowifi etc which has been pending from long.
I have never told that I want beta update if u can see it properly.
If u want it support ASUS with beta you are most welcome.
My only question is when other companies can give bug fixes, updates and new features on time why can’t ASUS provide it.? At least a timeline.
Hopefully you have understood it better now.

BPM
Rising Star II
Crying like a spoiled child will not make them release it any faster. They'll release a stable update once the bugs have been worked out and they figure it's safe for most users.
While I do agree that ASUS needs better communication in regards to updates (as well as more resources allocated to updates), thread after thread about the same thing doesn't fix anything. It just creates more work for the forum mods (who are not the developers, but I imagine they have a way of passing on feedback to the devs).
Plus, as it stands, the phone is already great in terms of performance. Runs apps/games great, almost no crashes, etc. Android 11 doesn't even really change all that much. The only thing I can really hope for is that they fix the color banding issue (as has been suggested they might have a fix for the stable release).
... And if they don't, I can just unlock my phone and install Danishblunt's custom kernel that does fix the screen issues.

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
BPM

Crying like a spoiled child will not make them release it any faster. They'll release a stable update once the bugs have been worked out and they figure it's safe for most users.

While I do agree that ASUS needs better communication in regards to updates (as well as more resources allocated to updates), thread after thread about the same thing doesn't fix anything. It just creates more work for the forum mods (who are not the developers, but I imagine they have a way of passing on feedback to the devs).

Plus, as it stands, the phone is already great in terms of performance. Runs apps/games great, almost no crashes, etc. Android 11 doesn't even really change all that much. The only thing I can really hope for is that they fix the color banding issue (as has been suggested they might have a fix for the stable release).

... And if they don't, I can just unlock my phone and install Danishblunt's custom kernel that does fix the screen issues.

View post
How funny - asking for updates and bug fixes is crying like a child.
And as usual advice - do this do that but don't ask for fixes or updates.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
sudhi.k

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177115#Comment_177115

I want stable update as soon as possible along with bug fixes like display issues, vowifi etc which has been pending from long.

I have never told that I want beta update if u can see it properly.

If u want it support ASUS with beta you are most welcome.

My only question is when other companies can give bug fixes, updates and new features on time why can’t ASUS provide it.? At least a timeline.

Hopefully you have understood it better now.

View post
And how do you suppose do you get a stable release without a beta version first? 🤡

leviroth0
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177157#Comment_177157

And how do you suppose do you get a stable release without a beta version first? 🤡

View post
What phone did you have before rog 3? Because I had a mi9tpro and running EU.miui android 11 beta that was legitimately stable for everyday use in November... And they've released a stable since.
And we all are sitting here still waiting for stable rogui 9 months later
Asus is a joke idk why you're defending them