Star II
Hello Everyone,
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.56
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Perpetual
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I got my ROG Phone 5 a couple of days ago from the authorized dealer Flipkart in India.
The battery life is abysmally low for 6000 mah, especially considering i barely played any games or used the phone for any performance demanding task. Would appreciate prompt response, if it turns out to be a genuine issue with phone i still have about 32 hours left to get a refund/replacement from flipkart.
screenshot-20210719-214638459.jpg
screenshot-20210719-214655208.jpg
Most Concerning : How is it that Android System, Ambient Display, Phone Idle, Mobile Network Standby have such high battery drain ?
1) Phone is set to dynamic mode. And mostly used with 5ghz wifi signal for data needs.
2) Location is always turned off unless specifically allowed for a couple of apps.
3) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning is off.
4) 5G is disabled, and phone data is forced off ie not allowed to remain always enabled, in developer options.
5) Using 2 Sims, 1 - 3G and 1 - 4G.
6) have tried charging from 0 to 100 as well as a factory reset.
7) Charging the battery with asus bundled 30 watt fast charger.
😎 Screen brightness is set to adaptive but the phone has been exclusively used indoors.
9) Refresh rate for the display is set to auto.
10) Most commonly used apps are facebook, whatsapp, chrome, youtube, spotify, zomato.
Kindly assist, i really like the phone otherwise but this battery life is unacceptable 😞

Regards, Gaurav

17 REPLIES 17

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
ghost_z

Hello Everyone,

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2104.56
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Perpetual
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I got my ROG Phone 5 a couple of days ago from the authorized dealer Flipkart in India.

The battery life is abysmally low for 6000 mah, especially considering i barely played any games or used the phone for any performance demanding task. Would appreciate prompt response, if it turns out to be a genuine issue with phone i still have about 32 hours left to get a refund/replacement from flipkart.

screenshot-20210719-214638459.jpg

screenshot-20210719-214655208.jpg

Most Concerning : How is it that Android System, Ambient Display, Phone Idle, Mobile Network Standby have such high battery drain ?

1) Phone is set to dynamic mode. And mostly used with 5ghz wifi signal for data needs.

2) Location is always turned off unless specifically allowed for a couple of apps.

3) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning is off.

4) 5G is disabled, and phone data is forced off ie not allowed to remain always enabled, in developer options.

5) Using 2 Sims, 1 - 3G and 1 - 4G.

6) have tried charging from 0 to 100 as well as a factory reset.

7) Charging the battery with asus bundled 30 watt fast charger.

😎 Screen brightness is set to adaptive but the phone has been exclusively used indoors.

9) Refresh rate for the display is set to auto.

10) Most commonly used apps are facebook, whatsapp, chrome, youtube, spotify, zomato.

Kindly assist, i really like the phone otherwise but this battery life is unacceptable 😞

Regards, Gaurav

Horrible SOT and battery life on ROG Phone 5
Gaurav can you do the calibration steps and then give a feedback. I completely understand the problem. Even i had it and many others. Many have reported that the calibration steps did help. Also you may try to factory reset before doing so. If you find you have no time left atleast try the calibration and then if you are not satisfied go for the refund.

ghost_z
Star II
ReaperZ_Wolf

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50832/horrible-sot-and-battery-life-on-rog-phone-5

Gaurav can you do the calibration steps and then give a feedback. I completely understand the problem. Even i had it and many others. Many have reported that the calibration steps did help. Also you may try to factory reset before doing so. If you find you have no time left atleast try the calibration and then if you are not satisfied go for the refund.

View post
Hi thanks for the quick response, could you please elaborate what you mean by caliberation steps ?

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
ghost_z

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177160#Comment_177160

Hi thanks for the quick response, could you please elaborate what you mean by caliberation steps ?

View post
1.Drain battery to 0,( Phone would switch off by itself, try to turn on and ensure that no more juice left to power it on again)

2. Leave 30 mins,

3. Charge at Switch-off condition to 100,

4. Switch it on the device,

5. Then again Switch off and charge for 30 mins,

6. Unplug and phone to cool down for 30 mins.

Now after 30mins of cool down use you phone as you would.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Try this. Honestly speaking many have reported this. After every firmware upgrade battery problem starts. I do a full firmware flash and do a battery calibration always .Also i request you to share additional details like what battery mode are you using?