This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the ethics followed by a service center (India)

NaitikK
Rising Star I
Hi, this is my first post. A few days back, my ZenFone 5z started misbehaving. It used to auto-restart, lag a little, and very slowly charge. I visited an authorized service center near me and handed over my phone. A day later they inform me that some software repair is needed and the sub PCB needs to be changed. The charges for the software part would be Rs. 500 and that for the sub-board Rs. 1000 (total = Rs. 1500). However, I was aware of the spare parts price list available on the ASUS website. The actual price of the spare part is Rs 376. I asked why he is overcharging and said that there may be an error from their end or the ASUS website. The next day I called him and he immediately agreed with me over the price issue.
I am very disappointed with their work ethic. They must have "robbed" many customers. They should be heavily penalized.
Also, how do I know that the spare part is actually needed or they are just trying to make money off me?
My phone is still with them and I shall not pay unless this is resolved.
9 REPLIES 9

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, please check your inbox for the private message I've sent you, since the further information that we need involves your personal information. Thank you.

vkk178
Rising Star I
Seems they don't have spares either . I have been calling the service center since the last one month for battery & USB port replacement on my 5Z but it seems they don't have spares . Apparently, you need to submit your phone for a week & then they will order the part & then they will service your phone. Are they expecting you to stay without mobile for a what should be a 30 minute repair job . Very dissapointed 🙄😓 . I dont know if ASUS is serious about indian market

NaitikK
Rising Star I
Hi @vkk178 ! I had submitted my phone on 14th July. I discovered that they were charging 2.5 times for the spare part. I decided not to pay and contact ASUS customer care. However, they just kept transferring the issue to higher support levels. Yesterday, I gave up on this and paid the actual amount for the repair. Today, I got a call from customer care saying that the spare part has been shipped as a priority (thankful for that). Hoping to receive the handset within a week!

vkk178
Rising Star I
NaitikK

Hi @vkk178 ! I had submitted my phone on 14th July. I discovered that they were charging 2.5 times for the spare part. I decided not to pay and contact ASUS customer care. However, they just kept transferring the issue to higher support levels. Yesterday, I gave up on this and paid the actual amount for the repair. Today, I got a call from customer care saying that the spare part has been shipped as a priority (thankful for that). Hoping to receive the handset within a week!

View post
More than a week OMG. And why are they charging 2.5x the actual amount . Shouldn't they atleast be having a stock of basic spare parts ? I can understand if it's a motherboard issue or something more complicated .. But battery ,usb ports , external buttons & screen are commonly replaced items .Thankfully for now I have sorted out my USB port issue by thoroughly cleaning it . But their standard reply was " You have to leave the phone for a week "